which is a better program bb maps or google maps/ does google maps take up more memory than bb maps? how many of you have deleated bb maps and went with google?
    04-09-08 06:21 PM
    i have google i don't think it takes up any more space and it gives you your current location pretty accurately
    04-09-08 06:24 PM
    Google here. I just think its better than BB maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 06:48 PM
    I orefer BB maps. It's more precise.
    04-09-08 07:32 PM
    Well as of today I deleted BBmaps and stuck with Google maps. Mainly b/c BB requires GPS and Google finds my location. BTW, I have the 8320. But I was also wondering about the size of each.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 08:54 PM
    does google maps use data? I'm curious because i was thinking of getting it but i dont have a data plan and the plan cost too much.
    04-10-08 11:53 AM
    Google maps, BB maps, all use data. Do a quick search on the forums for more info.
    04-10-08 11:56 AM
    is google or BB maps free?? i have a data plan with at&t and dont like surprise charges..lol.
    04-14-08 05:37 PM
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. As I said in Post #7, Google Maps and BB Maps use data. That use counts against your plan. I don't have a feel for which application uses more. Is that what you're asking? Or did I miss your point?
    04-14-08 06:44 PM
    lol, i think you've just answered my question. my plan is unlimited data so i'm assuming i wont get charged if i use either one. but sometimes there are those hidden charges and wanted to hear from those with an AT&T unlimited data plan that use either BB or google maps on a regular basis to see if there are any charges outside of the data plan, i.e using the gps on the phone.
    04-14-08 08:15 PM
    lol, i think you've just answered my question. my plan is unlimited data so i'm assuming i wont get charged if i use either one. but sometimes there are those hidden charges and wanted to hear from those with an AT&T unlimited data plan that use either BB or google maps on a regular basis to see if there are any charges outside of the data plan, i.e using the gps on the phone.
    In that case, I'm not your best source, since
    • I'm on Verizon, not AT&T
    • I'm using an external GPS (I really don't think that'll matter, as long as you don't have to pay to get your internal GPS activated.)
    Maybe somebody with the same phone and carrier will jump in and confirm it for you.
    04-14-08 08:40 PM
    I think the answer to your question is NO. It wont cost you any extra to download or use. You only "pay" what your carrier charges for a data plan. You say your ATT is "unlimited" then your fine. Now before you go "app happy" there are some applications that you will "pay" a subscription fee for usage..for example XM radio would be an extra $7.99/month(anyone try it?)
    Last edited by mrpd74; 04-14-08 at 09:15 PM.
    04-14-08 09:11 PM
    alrighty, thanks!
    04-14-08 09:13 PM
    the basic difference between BBmaps and Gmaps imo is that with Google Maps you can have satellite images (if you value that feature on a mobile is another thing) and i believe that it's faster to acquire satellites! On the other hand BBmaps loads maps faster i believe (maybe due to lower detail). Another major difference imo is that with Gmaps you can actually select your destination point (for turn-by-turn directions) by clicking on the map while with Bmaps your choices are only address, address book and favs. Finally, with Bmaps you can erase all data downloaded but NOT the favs. while with Gmaps you need to click reset and that actually (unfortunately) also deletes your favs.
    04-23-08 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";