Can anyone tell me which one is better to use and y?
    04-01-08 09:46 AM
    and one more question, where do i find the latest version of bb maps?
    04-01-08 09:53 AM
    Personally, I find GoogleMaps has the most visually pleasing maps PLUS it has the option of satellite (aerial) views. Of course, it uses more data if you're concerned with that. Downside is that it has difficulty tracking or refreshing GPS via bluetooth (and maybe even with the built-in GPS), unlike the BBMaps.
    04-01-08 10:26 AM
    I used BBMaps today on my trip. One of the downsides of this program for navigation is that it doesn't notate the Route numbers, just the names of the streets. That is not helpful when you're looking for a turn on a particular State route. GoogleMaps will show all those route numbers very clearly.

GoogleMaps did work well today, tracking me along my route, as long as I had BBMaps running in the background.
    04-02-08 05:11 PM
    I used BBMaps today on my trip. One of the downsides of this program for navigation is that it doesn't notate the Route numbers, just the names of the streets. That is not helpful when you're looking for a turn on a particular State route. GoogleMaps will show all those route numbers very clearly.

GoogleMaps did work well today, tracking me along my route, as long as I had BBMaps running in the background.
    GoogleMaps are much more detailed, and at the maximum zoom show outlines of buildings that are quite accurate representations of the actual shape. Helpful in dense urban areas like downtown Washington, DC, where I work. However, if GoogleMaps can be made to rotate so the direction of travel is UP, as opposed to North UP, I have not found how to do it. BBMaps lets you choose North UP or direction of travel UP. Also, BBMaps has a start/stop GPS toggle and keeps the GPS connected. That's why organman lets BBMaps run in the background while using GoogleMaps.
    04-02-08 10:09 PM
    I don't have GPS which is why I find GoogleMaps so valuable. Even without GPS, the my location feature gives you a good idea where you are. I use it to find all sorts of places close to me. I have had problems though...I live in San Diego, and once it said my location was in India...woops
    04-02-08 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD