Hi All

I got a notification that Google Maps updates its applcation from v4.5.2 to v4.5.3. I'm unsure what has changed, looks to same to me... Get downloading guys, Post your findings below... Mobile.Google.com
    03-28-11 05:54 PM
    Already posted 4 days ago. I'm sure it came up when you started this thread since they have almost the same exact title.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...-5-3-a-598154/
    03-28-11 11:04 PM
    Hi All

I got a notification that Google Maps updates its applcation from v4.5.2 to v4.5.3. I'm unsure what has changed, looks to same to me... Get downloading guys, Post your findings below... Mobile.Google.com
    From where did you get a notification?
    I have never received any notification nor does the app itself indicate it when you open it.

Nor does it have a "check for update" field.

The only way I'm aware of it is from reading these forums.

Perharps was it BB App World? I downloaded it directly from the Google site.

Just curious
    TIA
    03-29-11 08:44 PM
    From where did you get a notification?
    I have never received any notification nor does the app itself indicate it when you open it.

Nor does it have a "check for update" field.

The only way I'm aware of it is from reading these forums.

Perharps was it BB App World? I downloaded it directly from the Google site.

Just curious
    TIA
    The update notification pops up within the app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 04:49 AM

Tks for the info Phil,
    I have never received this.
    In fact, I opened GoogleMaps after I read there was an update just to see if they started alerting users.
    Perhaps the carrier has something to do with it.
    Again, tks for the info.
    Good Luck
    03-30-11 10:24 PM
    Me too. I never received update notification from Google Map. I am with AT&T.

Whats new in this version?

Tintin
    03-31-11 12:49 AM
    Me too. I never received update notification from Google Map. I am with AT&T.

Whats new in this version?

Tintin
    I'm not sure what's new. Maybe just bug fixes.

Good Luck
    03-31-11 06:48 PM

I got this when I opened Google Maps through the Google Mobile App, but not when I just opened Google Maps using the icon on my phone.
    04-01-11 09:02 AM
    I got this when I opened Google Maps through the Google Mobile App, but not when I just opened Google Maps using the icon on my phone.
    Ironically, when I openend Google Mobile App last night I didn't get any notification for the Googel Mobile App update. (just in case you're not aware that it's been updated)

Good Luck
    04-01-11 07:36 PM
    This piece of crap update deleted about 7 of my applications. FB, twitter, bb travel, bb app world, BERRYBUZZ (i was staying on version 3.xx and didn't want to upgrade NOW I HAVE TO because the 3.xx version isn't downoadable anymore), and more.. DAMN YOU!!!!
    04-03-11 08:55 PM
    @minnick: It also deleted all the applications for me too! I think if u restore BBSAK apps, it just overwrites
    05-05-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD