Has anyone gotten the street views to work on the blackberry?

I imagine that it might be location specific?

Does it require a working gps? (as I have the 8830)
    09-18-08 09:49 AM
    yes, yes and yes....http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...ht=street+view Troubleshoot here.
    09-18-08 09:54 AM
    It doesn't require GPS, it works like the last version just with street view. So, yes it works on my BB. I have verizon, so I don't have GPS, it works with the triangulation or you can scroll/search/whatever to the location you want to see.

And yes it is location specific. If an area hasn't been photographed by street view, then it will not be available.
    09-18-08 10:33 AM

And yes it is location specific. If an area hasn't been photographed by street view, then it will not be available.
    i never thought of this! great point!

i am not sure if i am getting the street view or not. how close does it look when it's working properly?
    09-18-08 10:35 AM
    i never thought of this! great point!

i am not sure if i am getting the street view or not. how close does it look when it's working properly?
    In a word, stunning! Street View is actual photographs that rotate as if you were turning your head while standing on the street. When you see one, there won't be any doubt what you're seeing.

When a Street View is available, clicking on the map will cause "Street view" to not be grayed out.
    09-18-08 11:04 PM
    Thanks, JeffH!

It must not be available in the town i'm looking at. i'll check out other places.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 06:14 AM
    All I know is that the pictures were taken after I painted the trim on my house last year!! Amazing!!
    09-19-08 06:57 AM
    It works great for me.
    09-19-08 11:56 AM
    I have upgraded to 2.3.1, gone to various locations that I know have streetview available (on a desktop machine), but never get the streetview option when going to those same locations on my Curve. Any ideas?

Edit: ok, a reboot didn't help, but a battery pull did. Thx.
    Last edited by powernoodle; 09-20-08 at 08:01 PM.
    09-20-08 07:50 PM
    When you click on a location, you should see a dialog box pop up that shows the
    address (depending on zoom level),
    directions to here
    directions from here
    Checking street view here
    save as a favorite
    search nearby

Do you see those options? If there is not a street view available, "Checking street view here" will change to "No street view here." If there is street view available, "Checking street view here" will change to "Street View."
    09-20-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";