Dumb question from me but here it goes.

I downloaded the recent google maps which is 2.2.3 I hope but the thing is it's out of date by a couple of years or months not sure. The thing is it runs off the gps right which means it would updated for today i would think so how do u update the google maps for 08 and also does the street view work on the uk?

My blackberry maps work fine but not if u can update them as well?

I have a 8800 phone, I hope that helps people.

Thanks for the help

David
    09-25-08 08:35 PM
    There's no relation between the version of Google Maps that you're running and the date of a particular map. Google gets their maps from various sources. They are not updated in real time, and there's nothing you can do to update a particular map. Unfortunately Google doesn't put a date / time stamp on the maps, so unless you know from personal experience that they are out of date, you can't tell.
    09-25-08 11:46 PM
    What Jeff says is fact. I can look on Google Maps into my acreage and see things that haven't been there for over 4 years. Other zones are much newer in comparison. I think the big cities and heavily populated metropolitan zones would be the more frequently updated maps.
    09-26-08 06:21 AM
    And it is not just google's choice of maps. Same goes for Garmin's maps and TomTom's maps, etc. They update periodically and new subdivision, hey, 3 year old subdivisions, may or may NOT appear on any of them.
    09-26-08 01:53 PM
    The problem falls down to record keeping. Businesses come and go and such and if the phonebook records aren't updated to remove old businesses then old businesses show up in goole maps. Same goes for buildings and such that are removed or new ones added etc. And the reason why record keeping isn't up to date is because companies or goverments don't care to spend the money on wages to make sure they are up to date nd maintained at an up to date status.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD