Like the title says, how the heck do I enable the Bluetooth GPS puck? I have it working just fine with Nav4All, but I wanted to play with Google maps... All I can get it to do is locate me via cell tower. accurate to maybe 4000 meters. not good enough for me. In Nav4All I checked and my puck is locked onto 12 sats and has another 3 that are weak signal, so I know its not a reception isue... I open the menu and it has no option for preferances, or settings or anything like that. what am I missing?

it is 2.3.1 for some reason I point my browser at google.maps.whatever to download it and this is the version it gives me...
    10-20-08 03:34 PM
    While in Google Maps select the BB menu key then BLuetooth GPS and select your GPS
    10-20-08 06:26 PM
    ummm Yea, that option isnt even there. I checked my older BB and it has the same version of GMM on it and it has that option, but for some reason every time I install it on my 8830 that option dosent show up. I think today alone I deleted and reinstalled it about 8 times... and that option is NOT showing up! :GRRR:
    10-20-08 06:53 PM
    What kind of puck? The Freedom 2000 generally needs BBMaps or other gps application running. The 2000 appears to require an acknowledgement by the program to keep in contact and Google Maps lacks this ability. Running a second simultaneous gps program usually fools it into working.
    10-20-08 09:17 PM
    F2 has pointed you in the right direction. Google Maps doesn't have a Start GPS command. That's why you have to run BBMaps or Nav4All at the same time to start the GPS and keep it synched. Here's more information:

After you have paired with the Blackberry, and with the Freedom Keychain 2000 turned ON, go to Manage Connections / Bluetooth Options / Keychain GPS 2000 / Menu / Device Properties / Menu / Refresh Service List.

You will first see the message: "Waiting for Keychain GPS 2000"

Watch closely. If next you see this message: "Unable to connect to Keychain GPS 2000" flash on the screen, turn the Keychain 2000 off and back on again and try again. You have to watch. The message will appear momentarily, then go away.

Once you have successfully refreshed the list, the blue light on the phone should start blinking.

Note: Google Maps cannot keep the Freedom Keychain 2000 locked. The puck requires a regular acknowledgement from the device, or it goes into battery-saver mode and drops the bluetooth connection. Google Maps is unable to provide this acknowledgement. Blackberry Maps can. So if you want to run Google Maps, it will be necessary to start Blackberry Maps first, let it sync with the GPS, then exit it without closing it and start Google Maps. If you do this, Google Maps will run with no problem.
    10-20-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD