Is there any way i can get Google maps when using latitude to track my friend to update our locations more accurately (real time i guess u can say). it will show me WAY OFF point a lot and then not even update me for 15 min or so.

Any other programs u suggest that may help. I have tried to use the proximity alert thru BBM but it doesnt work nor does she recieve my location when i send it to her. any fixes?
    09-21-09 02:04 PM
    From what I can gather, when you have Google Maps open on your phone, it constantly accesses the GPS and provides accurate location, however when you put your phone on standby, or load other applications, Google Maps goes into the background. In that case, it only uses cell-tower triangulation which is much less precise, and it likely updates less often. I think the only way to get it to constantly update is to have it open and in the foreground.
    09-21-09 04:20 PM
    well that hasnt really helped cuz we have tried to make sure to keep it in to foreground. when we are driving it updates ME while im driving but to my friend i only get updated about ever 15 min and what is the point of that?

any programs out there that allow us to track each other real time on a map? gps reception is not a problem here just to be clear. all my settings are fine. its just slow to update my position
    09-23-09 09:53 AM
    InstaMapper updates about every 30 seconds. You can bring up someones shared location via web page and just refresh the browser to get the updated map.
    09-23-09 06:39 PM
    Have you tried loopt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 09:38 PM
    Loopt is not "available" for Blackberry devices on Verizon (or USCC for that matter). Their site says support for dumb phones on VZW, and they charge a monthly fee to use Loopt on VZW.
    09-24-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD