I am having some serious lagging issues when my Google Maps Application and load my latitude. I'm wondering if setting my Google Maps permissions to all ALLOW would be unsafe? I just want google maps to load and find me faster.

My Default Settings in my google application are:

Options>Advanced Options>Applications>GoogleMaps>Menu>Edit Permissions

+Connections Custom
    +Interactions Custom
    +User Data Allow

I set all my permissions to all (ALLOW)

Is this safe or not a problem? please help me, Thanks!
    Last edited by petahsumething; 11-18-09 at 08:21 PM.
    11-18-09 08:17 PM
    My permissions are set to all Allow. I don't consider it unsafe, but I don't know that it will help Google run any faster. Calculating your position, especially the initial position, is a computationally intensive task.
    11-18-09 08:33 PM
    If you are logged on latitude on google maps and add a friend so that they can track your every move on Google maps. Are they able to see my GPS in real time if they I am driving? Will the blue dot on the map be moving in Google maps if i am driving?
    11-18-09 08:43 PM
    It's near real-time. The display updates every few minutes.
    11-18-09 08:46 PM
    i set myines to allow all. Google is safe
    11-18-09 08:53 PM
    is there a way to track your black berry on your computer using google maps on your computer?
    11-19-09 06:52 AM
    there should be if there isnt
    12-03-09 05:40 PM
    You can go into iGoogle and load the Lattitude module. You can see yourself as well as any friends who are on lattitude, all from your PC.

Google Maps doesn't seem to hold my GPS location very well. I also use Instamapper's app for following for accurately. You can go out to Instamapper, create an accont, download their very small app onto your BB and it will pinpoint you very well. It even has the ability to show the last ## tracks, so people can follow where you've been. People can only track you if you give them the tracking code.
    12-03-09 06:30 PM
    You can go into iGoogle and load the Lattitude module. You can see yourself as well as any friends who are on lattitude, all from your PC...
    Thanks for the reminder. I knew I had seen Latitude on a PC, but had forgotten the iGoogle part of it.
    12-03-09 09:12 PM
    I have a question about g...maps how do you get the map to view north up?
    12-03-09 10:51 PM
    "North Up" is the only directional mode Google Maps has. "Route Up" is an option in BBMaps.
    12-03-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD