I'm trying to determine if this is an issue with the .282/5.0 Hybrid or perhaps BBM 5.0 - Google Mobile App was working last week before I updated to both. Now it shows "Updating location..." and never gets it.

Google Maps cannot find my location when I'm inside and unable to use GPS.

Can anyone please confirm that this is working for them and state your OS and whether or not you have BBM 5.0? Thanks.

(Yes I have checked permissions, all are "Allow" for Maps/Mobile App. I have also performed a SHIFT/ALT/DEL restart and a 30 second battery pull.)
    08-03-09 05:24 PM
    I'm trying to determine if this is an issue with the .282/5.0 Hybrid or perhaps BBM 5.0 - Google Mobile App was working last week before I updated to both. Now it shows "Updating location..." and never gets it.

Google Maps cannot find my location when I'm inside and unable to use GPS.

Can anyone please confirm that this is working for them and state your OS and whether or not you have BBM 5.0? Thanks.

(Yes I have checked permissions, all are "Allow" for Maps/Mobile App. I have also performed a SHIFT/ALT/DEL restart and a 30 second battery pull.)
    Did you REFRESH your GPS?????????????????????
    08-03-09 05:50 PM
    try uninstalling and then reinstall the apps
    08-03-09 05:52 PM
    try uninstalling and then reinstall the apps

OR go outside.....................
    08-03-09 05:55 PM
    You missed the point - GPS works fine. But if you're inside, they use your proximity to cell towers to determine your approximate location. That's what's not working.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Google Mobile App doesn't even try to use GPS because it would be more specific than necessary for search.
    08-03-09 06:06 PM
    Deleted both Maps and Mobile app from my BB, restarted, reinstalled. Same problem.

Can anyone confirm that this is actually working for them? Especially if you're on .282
    08-03-09 09:16 PM
    try
    tools>options>advanced options>gps>
    should read
    GPS data souce "device GPS"
    GPS services "location ON"
    the location will likely all read "0"
    Location aiding "enabled"
    08-03-09 09:23 PM
    Sometimes in a certain area you wont be able to get the approximate location. It has something to do with the cell towers. You can either wait, or try it somewhere else, preferably far away from your location now.
    08-03-09 09:28 PM
    try
    tools>options>advanced options>gps>
    should read
    GPS data souce "device GPS"
    GPS services "location ON"
    the location will likely all read "0"
    Location aiding "enabled"
    The GPS stuff is all correct like you have above - however the problem is not with the GPS. GPS works fine. It's when there's no GPS signal (inside), the backup method of using cell tower data is not working.

Sometimes in a certain area you wont be able to get the approximate location. It has something to do with the cell towers. You can either wait, or try it somewhere else, preferably far away from your location now.
    Yeah I understand - it's not working at home though and it's always worked here. In fact I can't remember it not working somewhere. The only other place I've tried today is at work which is a few miles from here.

I'm just trying to get more info from other users to try and narrow down the problem before I start trying different OS's and other things...

No one in this thread has yet said "mine still works" ... lol
    08-03-09 09:32 PM
    Running BMM 5.0 and .282, everything works great.
    Sitting here in front of my computer, GPS kicks in a heart beat though, but yesterday I was hoppin on Cellular Locations which, was great, till it said, I was 5000 meters somewhere else (like San Jose, and I'm in Fresno O.O)
    08-03-09 09:37 PM
    You ended up being right. As I stated it did not work at home or 3-4 miles away at work. I was about 8 miles away at dinner tonight and it worked fine. Hopefully just something temporary in my area...I figured the distance to work would be enough to nix your idea but I guess not. Thanks everyone for the help.
    08-04-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD