Is it possible to have google maps flip the map to show the direction of my travel? That is my only gripe about this besides not being able to re-route when I miss a turn.
    02-12-09 07:22 AM
    From what I have seen, no. It displays maps facing North only.

The GPS apps that give you turn-by-turn directions (Garmin, TeleNav) rotate the map and move to show you the next set of driving directions automatically.

I think my only issue with GoogleMaps (and BBMaps) is that when you reach a direction point, you have to manually bring up the next set of directions. It would be great if it saw you passed the turning point and went to the next direction automatically, or used the space bar to go to the next instead of having to search the keyboard to continue (not a good idea while driving).
    02-12-09 07:33 AM
    Google Maps can only show North Up. BBMaps gives you the choice of North Up or Direction of Travel Up.
    02-13-09 11:44 PM
    Google Maps can only show North Up. BBMaps gives you the choice of North Up or Direction of Travel Up.
    But BB maps does not follow you when you drive.
    02-14-09 01:22 AM
    But BB maps does not follow you when you drive.
    I don't understand your statement. BBMaps update continuously as you move, keeping your position roughly centered on the moving map. Does that not work for you?
    02-14-09 08:44 AM
    I don't understand your statement. BBMaps update continuously as you move, keeping your position roughly centered on the moving map. Does that not work for you?
    no, it doesn't... It doesn't follow my vehicle, i have to contantly scroll to keep it in the center of the map.. weird...
    02-14-09 11:17 AM
    no, it doesn't... It doesn't follow my vehicle, i have to contantly scroll to keep it in the center of the map.. weird...
    Is BBMaps seeing your GPS? It should show you the number of satellites it's seeing on the dashboard at the bottom of the screen. If it is not, then go into Menu / Options and select your GPS Source.
    02-14-09 11:22 AM
    Is BBMaps seeing your GPS? It should show you the number of satellites it's seeing on the dashboard at the bottom of the screen. If it is not, then go into Menu / Options and select your GPS Source.
    Yep, sure is. Shows between 8-10 satellites. I'll try the gps again later tonight when we go out. I've just been using AmazeGPS
    02-14-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD