So I finally downloaded Google Maps last night. I charged my battery overnight as usual, and to my shock/horror, by 11am I had like 25% battery life. I took it off the charger at 630am. When I checked my open apps, I discovered I had left Google Maps open all night. I have done nothing else out of the ordinary. Is it GM that killed my battery, or...??
    06-19-08 03:28 PM
    I would assume that would have something to do with it. I haven't really heard of batteries dying on a whim like that... and since you recently made that change by installing Google Maps, it seems like you found the problem.

With the app running in the background all that time, i think it contributed to draining the battery. Charge it back up and see what it does when GMaps is closed
    06-19-08 03:35 PM
    That's what I thought....

I don't have my charger with me here at work though. **Tear.**
    06-19-08 03:37 PM
    Did the same thing and gm drained mine closing it should fix the problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 03:40 PM
    Yes it will. It does it on mine too. And fast, worse if your in a poor reception area and I keeps looking for towers for triangulation, maybe the same with gps also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 03:41 PM
    With Google Maps running, you're GPS is using additional battery power - regardless if GM is displayed or not. Make sure you exit the application correctly by pressing the menu button and scrolling down to the "exit" command. Good Luck!
    06-19-08 03:41 PM
    OHHH.... Ok i think i understand why it would drain the battery now. It must have been tracking my commute to work and everything else I have done today and thus killed my battery!

Thanks guys, what a dangerous program!
    06-19-08 03:42 PM
    OHHH.... Ok i think i understand why it would drain the battery now. It must have been tracking my commute to work and everything else I have done today and thus killed my battery!

Thanks guys, what a dangerous program!
    Thats exactly what happened, I dont even have gps and GM will kill my battery. The app is constantly tracking your current location to the nearest tower. So its quite a powerful app in regards to using your battery juice. Especially if you have it set to sattelite view.
    06-19-08 04:13 PM
    BBTracker does the same thing...
    06-20-08 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD