If you're using an Android based phone... Google is listening in to your conversations.

How to Find Out If Google Has Been Listening to You

I'm sure that Google will find a work around to anything one does to try and defeat them.

10/06 Update: I posted this elsewhere here, but I felt that it's really, imo, the reason for this thread:

Think about it... we used to be able to talk on the phone (land lines) and only law enforcement could listen in and they had to have a judge issue them a warrant to do that.
    But people with Android phones don't have that right to privacy that is protected by law in the U.S..
    Why does Google have a right to do that and law enforcement doesn't?
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 10-06-16 at 02:48 PM.
    09-26-16 06:06 PM
    I'm surprised he didn't mention Allo (unless I missed it).

I read a few days ago that Google Allo stores every Convo you ever have in that new messenger service.
    09-26-16 06:22 PM
    No surprise. And no surprise Google is working with the US government to influence foreign policy. The US Department of Google.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-26-16 06:41 PM
    Google saves search history, until deleted. Sounds about right.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-26-16 06:43 PM
    That's the best these tinfoil idiots can come up with? It has been widely known for years that google stores typed text used in its search engine to serve ads. So now you can search google by voice and it's a shock that the voice search is used in the same manner as the typed search?

Puh-leeeze. "Data mining company mines data. More news at 11."
    werkregen likes this.
    09-26-16 06:48 PM
    I am surprised that nobody complains about their carrier tracking and monitoring all his/her activities while using their smartphone.

**mindblown**
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-26-16 07:07 PM
    I am surprised that nobody complains about their carrier tracking and monitoring all his/her activities while using their smartphone.

**mindblown**
    Some people are petrified of Google and don't even notice that Verizon bought Yahoo.

The $24 Billion Data Business That Telcos Don't Want to Talk About
    Mobile Carriers Are Working With Partners to Manage, Package and Sell Data

Under the radar, Verizon, Sprint, Telefonica and other carriers have partnered with firms including SAP, IBM, HP and AirSage to manage, package and sell various levels of data to marketers and other clients. It's all part of a push by the world's largest phone operators to counteract diminishing subscriber growth through new business ventures that tap into the data that showers from consumers' mobile web surfing, text messaging and phone calls.
    So whats better a company that wants to keep the data to sell ads or companies that actually want to sell the data itself.
    09-26-16 07:42 PM
    Unfortunately that's is the price you pay for technology in today's high tech world. For myself, life is way to short to worry about Google.
    09-26-16 08:21 PM
    Unfortunately that's is the price you pay for technology in today's high tech world. For myself, life is way to short to worry about Google.
    You can always weasle, ... or VPN out ,.. right?

;-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-26-16 08:57 PM
    You can always weasle, ... or VPN out ,.. right?

;-D

•   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   •
    That's not how a VPN works - the package is still going to its destination, but the originating location is hidden.
    09-26-16 09:00 PM
    Google saves search history, until deleted. Sounds about right.
    "Anonymized" or "aggregated" details will be kept pretty much forever, iirc... :-(

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-27-16 12:10 AM
    That's not how a VPN works - the package is still going to its destination, but the originating location is hidden.
    I know. And I wasn't quite serious about it... :-)

In the age of device ID tracking, that's been pretty much obsoleted...

09-27-16 12:11 AM
    I hope they weren't listening to the conversation I had with my wife last night. She'd blush if she thought anyone heard it.
    bakron1, zephyr613, Sairos and 4 others like this.
    09-27-16 06:22 AM
    I hope they weren't listening to the conversation I had with my wife last night. She'd blush if she thought anyone heard it.
    I was listening and I am still blushing...
    09-27-16 06:40 AM
    I was listening and I am still blushing...
    Hahahaha.
    09-27-16 06:45 AM
    Eventually the solution is going to be:

1. Dump android
    2. Dump mobile data
    3. Retreat to using a laptop with a VPN running Linux.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 06:58 AM
    This has been happening many years now ,not only Google is guilty of this but so are many Governmental organizations globally doing this. The only way to stop the microphones being exploited was to remove the battery, which with "modern " devices isn't possible.

Google just perfected the art.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and berrydroid like this.
    09-27-16 07:44 AM
    I don't use OK Google and i ust checked my account and they have no recording's of me (at least that i can see) but if you are surprised by this, it's not saying much about you.

NOTHING IS FREE! It may not cost you a penny to use Google but it certainly isn't free. People need to realize this fact. Have you even read the terms and conditions and just blindly said YES or AGREE to everything? I would highly advise against that.

People have this misconception that Google is stealing their info. They are NOT. You agreed to everything they do when you sign up. There are certain ways you can limit it and i would suggest you look into it.
    FF22, Jerry A and Joao Oliveira like this.
    09-27-16 07:55 AM
    Sadly, this mentality is how these companies can get away with what they do.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    09-27-16 08:10 AM
    People have this misconception that Google is stealing their info. They are NOT. You agreed to everything they do when you sign up.
    Accepting something is not the same as agreeing to it.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    09-27-16 08:14 AM
    1. Dump android
    2. Dump mobile data
    Heliograph and smoke signal, not to mention snail mail.
    While inherently non-secure, the sheer manpower required would mean you only need worry about your nosy neighbors, (and the postman).
    FF22 likes this.
    09-27-16 08:31 AM
    Eventually the solution is going to be:

1. Dump android
    2. Dump mobile data

Posted via CB10
    A little too late for that now....
    Velocitymj likes this.
    09-27-16 08:54 AM
    This is NOT new information. Google talked about it when Google Now was being rolled out, and even before when they were working on voice recognition.

The reason the recordings are kept is to improve voice recognition. There are people whose jobs are to sit at a computer that gets sent a random recording and the text associated with it, and they listen to the recording and either agree with the translation (by checking a box that says "translation was correct" or something) or correct the translation manually. All of the corrections are fed back into the database for machine learning - so that, with millions of samples, the computer will learn how to deal with people's accents, cadences, and local slang.

BB has a voice assistant - if you think this isn't happening there, you're naive. You need that kind of feedback loop in order to improve that kind of service, and you'll find that the TOS explains that.

Really, the big difference here is that Google, unlike just about everyone else, is extremely transparent about what it is doing with your data and why - and even shows you that data AND lets you delete it if you wish. No one else is doing that!

You would be surprised about what your CARRIER and your ISPs know about you - but you'll never see that information presented to you!
    09-27-16 09:53 AM
    Really, the big difference here is that Google, unlike just about everyone else, is extremely transparent about what it is doing with your data and why - and even shows you that data AND lets you delete it if you wish. No one else is doing that!

You would be surprised about what your CARRIER and your ISPs know about you - but you'll never see that information presented to you!
    Oh come on
    It's hard enough keeping a good conspiracy theory going without facts being thrown out.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and app_Developer like this.
    09-27-16 10:39 AM
    Accepting something is not the same as agreeing to it.
    errr what now?
    Accepting terms and conditions is not agreeing to them?
    hmm it appears my dictionary is out of date. Where did you get yours from?
    Uzi, Jerry A, Wezard and 2 others like this.
    09-27-16 12:27 PM
119 123 ...