Does anyone know if the Google Calendar Sync for Outlook provides a sync for contacts too?? If not what other tool is there to sync calendar and CONTACTS to Gmail??
    11-09-10 09:46 PM
    Does anyone know if the Google Calendar Sync for Outlook provides a sync for contacts too?? If not what other tool is there to sync calendar and CONTACTS to Gmail??
    Outlook does sync contacts. It also syncs the calendar, notes, and tasks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 09:50 PM
    if i recall correctly, there isn't a google contact sync with outlook app.

i think dwayne is referring to the DM outlook sync.
    I was. Sorry. Misunderstood.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 10:28 PM
    I installed Calendar Sync for Outlook on my pc. It does appear to have synced the appts just fine. I don't think it did contacts?? There is very little to configure. Thoughts? I am hoping to use a second step once this works to have the gmail and google calendar sync with the blackberry device automatically so i don't have to hook up to sync anymore and data will go and forth between the blackberry and outlook on my PC? So if i make changes in either outlook or blackberry I only have to do once and don't have to hook up to the usb.
    11-09-10 11:58 PM
    if i recall correctly, there isn't a google contact sync with outlook app.

i think dwayne is referring to the DM outlook sync.
    11-10-10 12:16 AM
    I think Google Apps Sync for Outlook will do what you want:

http://static.googleusercontent.com/...sync_chart.pdf

It would require a Premiere or Education version of Google Apps. I use it and it works flawlessly for email, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.
    11-10-10 08:33 AM
    I actually purchased Sync2 from 4Team to sync Outlook to Gmail. I am syncing contacts and appts. I did not feel comfortable with google. The free google calendar worked great by only for contacts and not appts. I then turned on the auto sync functionality for gmail and blackberry BIS. I am very happy all seems to be working well for an investment of $40.00. This is cool.
    11-12-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD