I tried posting this in the off topic sections, but since I didn't get any response, thought I would try it in this forum. It sort of relates to BB.

Has anyone else had an event added to their Google Calendar by somebody you dont know and looks like spam? I looked at my Google Calendar today and there was an event titled NOW CONTACT MY SECRETARY FOR YOUR COMPENSATION OF $1.5M, created by mgbako. I don't know who this person is, or how it got added to my calendar!

04-08-08 10:17 PM
    No, but I've noticed some spam in my Blackberry e-mail address. Stuff about getting old and a coupon for free prunes. Probably my wifes' sick humor
    04-08-08 10:22 PM
    Is your calendar public or private? I keep mine on private and I don't get any spams.
    04-09-08 01:02 AM
    You know, I'm not sure. But if I had to guess, it's probably public. I've been using GCal for some time now, and this is the first I've seen this.
    04-09-08 01:13 AM
    Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else notices spam on their Calendar. I just read an article on Lifehacker about it. Apparently any invite you get sent, is automatically added to your calendar.

Google Calendar: Keep Spammers Out of Your Google Calendar
    04-10-08 05:40 PM
    That's crazy.

I have never messed with my calendar. My Outlook calendar for work is all I need.

I am about to set up the calendar for my g/f for school/appointments.
    04-10-08 09:09 PM
    Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else notices spam on their Calendar. I just read an article on Lifehacker about it. Apparently any invite you get sent, is automatically added to your calendar.

Google Calendar: Keep Spammers Out of Your Google Calendar
    Something similar happens with Outlook 2003 and BES. If someone sends me a meeting invitation, and I delete the invitation without declining it first, the meeting gets added to my calendar anyway. I guess you could argue that that's a safety feature, not a bug, in that if you accidently delete a meeting invitation, you don't lose your record of the meeting. Usually it's just a nuisance.
    04-10-08 09:34 PM
    Well, if you want to avoid spam, make your calendar private and it won't be an issue.
    04-11-08 01:48 AM
    Well, if you want to avoid spam, make your calendar private and it won't be an issue.
    It is private.
    04-11-08 08:47 AM
    Maybe this is related and someone can help:

My BB automatically enters all invitations received over email in my calendar without prompting. Is there any way to turn this off?
    05-20-08 04:28 AM
    Not that I have found. See my post #7 in this thread. I've decided it's a feature, not a bug.
    05-20-08 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD