Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Google authenticator Direct link removed (Link/Cod files needed)

Hello there,
    I was using Google authenticator on my Blackberry 9700 OS6 until few days ago when I updated my Software, but now I can't find the link on the official google page, can anyone please upload the .cod files or the .jad source for the blackberry app, thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry User

seems like google pulled it out with no replacement. Not cool google.. not cool!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    PIN
    322D4970

Seems like Google did that will all their apps. I haven't been able to find the download page for any of them.
    In RIM we trust!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Default Google authenticator Direct link removed (Link/Cod files needed)

What has google done??? They have put at least a few million people abandoned /:

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I got a ticket on google support the day I posted this thread, for more info on the solution check this Issue 173 - google-authenticator - Google authenticator for Blackberry link removed! - Two-step verification - Google Project Hosting
    CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation Success!

Hey everyone! So, I may have temporarily solved our little dilema. From a brief description from another thread here on CrackBerry, I modified an existing .alx file to work with the GoogleAuthenticator .cod files, and after doing so, I was able to re-install GoogleAuthenticator using BBDM. So, if you want to give it a try, go to this link:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56318223/Go...henticator.zip

unzip the file to a folder on your pc/mac/computer/laptop; connect your blackberry; fire up BBDM; and use the application loader within BBDM; make sure GoogleAuthenticator is "checkmarked"; and voila!

*Download/install at your own risk. Just because what I did works on my Torch 9860 doesn't mean it'll work on your phone.

*If you do try this, update this thread and let me know if this works for you or not!

Thanks and good luck!
    Yes, we do have CrackBerries in Montana. Go Griz!!
    8130-->8530-->9850-->9930+64 gb PlayBook -->