So I get up early this morning to join a couple of buddies out on the water to do a little Dolphin fishing. Take all my fishing stuff and of course the blackberry ( You can see where this is going)anyway we get out about 13-15 miles offshore find a nice piece of debris that is holding a ton of dolphin and we are having a blast. Soon we are surrounded by other boats trying to get in on the action and of course a large sportfishing boat is a bit overzealous and is throwing a huge wave which dislodges my trusty BB and over the side it goes. After watching it sink out of sight I go back to fishing. We get back to the ramp and I get in touch with ATT to initiate a claim and the guy tells me that we need to turn off the phone and set me up with a new number ( I told him I lost the phone) so that there is no chance that someone can find the phone and use it. I tried to explain to him that the phone will never be found so there is nothing to worry about and that I really need the same number because I use the phone for business.He informs me that it would be best to change everything just to be safe. Finally I get it through his head that 15 miles EAST of Miami Beach is 1300 feet of water and that this particular phone will never ever see the light of day again and even if it does it aint gonna work. Thats my story and I thought I would share it just because I found it to be very funny.
    05-01-09 02:15 PM
    Some reps are just En Vogue, never gonna get it. Great fish story, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 02:18 PM
    What exactly is "Dolphin" fishing? You fish for dolphin?
    05-01-09 02:20 PM
    It sucks that your BB went swiming with the fishes.....but I am glad that you finally got through to the rep that the phoen will never be found.

I to would like to know what the heck is dolphin fishing?
    05-01-09 02:22 PM
    Dolphin fish not dolphin Flipper
    05-01-09 02:23 PM
    Mahi Mahi We catch them here in South Florida
    05-01-09 02:25 PM
    Ahhh, I get it. Thanks Rob.
    05-01-09 02:26 PM
    By debris, do you mean a good fishing spot? That's what I didn't get...lol I thought it might be a bunch of dolphin caught in nets and wood or something. Good story by the way. Gotta be nice to head out in the ocean and fish. I'm stuck with lakes

05-01-09 02:35 PM
    By debris, do you mean a good fishing spot? That's what I didn't get...lol I thought it might be a bunch of dolphin caught in nets and wood or something. Good story by the way. Gotta be nice to head out in the ocean and fish. I'm stuck with lakes

Since we are close to the Gulf Stream here you get everything from driftwood to pallets and everything in between and baitfish just kind of follow it wherever it goes so the Dolphin tend to gather around it for a free meal.Unless I find it and then its more of a last meal.
    05-01-09 02:39 PM
    i was hoping for flipper to come up above the surface, bb on nose.
    05-01-09 02:40 PM
    05-01-09 02:53 PM
    That was a good fishing story! I want to go fishing now.
    05-01-09 03:00 PM
    Here in Hawaii, we call them Mahimahi... so imagine my surprise when I was in Miami and saw dolphin on the menu at a restaurant.
    05-01-09 03:02 PM
    so this truley was "the one that got away"
    i thought they were called dolphinfish also?
    05-01-09 03:06 PM
    So I get up early this morning to join a couple of buddies out on the water to do a little Dolphin fishing. Take all my fishing stuff and of course the blackberry ( You can see where this is going)anyway we get out about 13-15 miles offshore find a nice piece of debris that is holding a ton of dolphin and we are having a blast. Soon we are surrounded by other boats trying to get in on the action and of course a large sportfishing boat is a bit overzealous and is throwing a huge wave which dislodges my trusty BB and over the side it goes. After watching it sink out of sight I go back to fishing. We get back to the ramp and I get in touch with ATT to initiate a claim and the guy tells me that we need to turn off the phone and set me up with a new number ( I told him I lost the phone) so that there is no chance that someone can find the phone and use it. I tried to explain to him that the phone will never be found so there is nothing to worry about and that I really need the same number because I use the phone for business.He informs me that it would be best to change everything just to be safe. Finally I get it through his head that 15 miles EAST of Miami Beach is 1300 feet of water and that this particular phone will never ever see the light of day again and even if it does it aint gonna work. Thats my story and I thought I would share it just because I found it to be very funny.
    wow im sorry that happened also how in the world did they not understand that your bb fell in the ocean
    05-01-09 03:10 PM
    lmao lol lol
    now thats funny
    05-01-09 03:11 PM
    05-01-09 03:21 PM
    Update! I have the tracking number from Fed Ex and the NEW not refurbished curve will be here on Monday....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    05-02-09 11:21 AM
    Good news indeed.

Hope you have a recent backup.
    05-02-09 03:54 PM
    The Berry was backed up on Wed night or it might have been Thursday night. It was one or the other
    05-02-09 05:43 PM
    that's why I keep it in my pocket w/ the rubber skin when I go fishing incase something like that happens.. sorry to hear tho
    05-02-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD