Does anyone know what the plan is for GOOD? Now that BlackBerry acquired them are they going to write a BB10 app for GOOD users? I am currently using the Android version of this app and it is terribly slow on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:34 AM
    One would suspect so. Probably the same as what they did for WatchDox, which didn't have a BlackBerry App until very recently.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:44 AM
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. But would be even better if they somehow converted all Good customers to BES.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:22 AM
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. But would be even better if they somehow converted all Good customers to BES.

Posted via CB10
    They will be assimilated... :-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-21-15 04:16 PM
    The plan is to absorb Good into BES. There's no sense in the long term for managing two different MDM products. In the short term, Good will likely just be in maintenance mode: no new features, just patching.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:30 PM
    The plan is to absorb Good into BES. There's no sense in the long term for managing two different MDM products. In the short term, Good will likely just be in maintenance mode: no new features, just patching.

Posted via CB10
    This would be great. Can finally go back to my work emails and calendar being integrated into the phone rather than through a terrible app. There is nothing quite like a Blackberry on BES.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 01:39 PM
    Don't think the deal become finial until November, so at that point they may look at it.

But I agree that having two EMM solutions in competition with one another, doesn't make sense. Especially when Good's expenses exceed their revenues. Chen's going to have to cut a LOT of cost out of that company. It would make the most sense to merge Good with the BES division - take the best of both to make a top notch product.

The problem is how do you transition customers.... BlackBerry hasn't been very "good" at seamless transitions. And if a company that has Good is told they'll have to make "big" changes to accommodate this new product. That can open the door to a review of a company's mobile needs and what other products are out there..... So I can also see Good and BES being separate for a while. If that is the case, adding BB10 compatibility will greatly depend on if BlackBerry has any plans for BB10's growth.
    09-22-15 02:00 PM