I have been using it for three weeks now and have been plagued by the battery crashing. I guess it is downloading yardage constantly that it just sucks up battery power. I changed the back light thinking this would save power. the phone is always going into "safe mode"; asking whether I want to quit the app. I guess this is another power saving feature.
    Nonetheless, the battery was dead after 14 holes. This is the third time that it has died on the 13th or 14th hole. Therefore, the power safety features didn't work. So today I carried a second battery, changed it but had to wait until it rebooted; a fairly long time. I was already done with the hole.
    What should I do? I love the app as it is accurate, visuals are great. But constantly clicking "No" when asked to quit the app is really annoying. How can I get it to last an entire round of golf (4 1/2 - 5 hrs)?

ilfarootherside
    I generally have not had a problem with a fully charged battery easily lasting a full round, usually ending up with about a 30-40% charge left. That being said, I did have problems when I first started using it. I made the following changes on my Storm1 to compensate:
    - Backlight off in 30 seconds (in the BB settings and the back light setting in GolfLogix)
    - Turned off GPS assist as I found the course I played the most was in a weak signal area and this was causing the data radio to burn up the battery looking for a signal to run the GPS assist
    - Turned off allow data roaming to further reduce battery usage during weak or no signal.

Those 3 steps allowed me to complete a round with lots of battery left. Give it a try. I should also mention that I use the Otterbox Defender case with the belt clip that has the sleep magnet feature. I cannot quantify how much this helps but I suspect it does help rather than just throwing the BB into a cart cup holder.....
    05-03-10 04:49 AM
    You probably left on the setting that has the back light on all the time. There is no need for this, you can adjust this feature under settings in GolfLogix. For a typical 4.25 hour round I use 50% of my battery assuming a full charge.
    I just purchased the app (because it looked really good and I wasn't impressed by my Sky Caddie SG4). But I am having problems with battery life. I turned off the back light and the GPS is off between shots. But even with a full battery before the round, it dies by the 14th hole. In addition, with the GPS off, the Storm was always asking if I wanted to quit the app. I constantly (every short) had to click to get it to restart. But with all of this, the battery still died. Anticpating that the battery would die, I even carried a spare. I changed it when my first died (at around the 14th) and it took the phone the entire hole to reboot.
    Does anyone have good experience re: the battery? What about an extended battery? Even though the app looks great, I am about to throw in the towel because of the battery issue.
    05-03-10 10:06 PM
    I just purchased the app (because it looked really good and I wasn't impressed by my Sky Caddie SG4). But I am having problems with battery life. I turned off the back light and the GPS is off between shots. But even with a full battery before the round, it dies by the 14th hole. In addition, with the GPS off, the Storm was always asking if I wanted to quit the app. I constantly (every short) had to click to get it to restart. But with all of this, the battery still died. Anticpating that the battery would die, I even carried a spare. I changed it when my first died (at around the 14th) and it took the phone the entire hole to reboot.
    Does anyone have good experience re: the battery? What about an extended battery? Even though the app looks great, I am about to throw in the towel because of the battery issue.
    I'm experiencing the same battery life issues. I too carry a second battery with me and can barely get thru 18 holes before the second one goes dead.

I would suggest GreenFinder; I can finish 18 holes with 30+% of battery using only one and it has a great aerial view that allows you to pick targets and gives the yardage to and remaining.

GolfLogix is a bust. We should get a refund.
    05-15-10 04:44 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD