I decided to start a thread on this app simply because there isn't much talk about it. Currently it is free through the app store but ONLY ON THE BOLD. I give voice guided turn by turn directions and it even says the names of the streets. It doesn't load the maps on your phone at all but there hasn't been any lag that I have noticed so far. I have used it to navigate to places in Southern Cali and this weekend I used it to navigate to places in DC which is a maze of a city; Gokivo didn't lead me wrong at all as I was going through DC. Over all I am very pleased with this app, and even if in the future they start charging for it, I would be willing to buy it at a set price, but not at those stupid monthly subscription type of setups.
    05-24-09 07:38 PM
    If you go to the Gokivo web site you'll see that you only get a 60 day "free" trial. They don't tell you that when you download the app.
    05-25-09 07:36 AM
    I decided to start a thread on this app simply because there isn't much talk about it. Currently it is free through the app store but ONLY ON THE BOLD. I give voice guided turn by turn directions and it even says the names of the streets. It doesn't load the maps on your phone at all but there hasn't been any lag that I have noticed so far. I have used it to navigate to places in Southern Cali and this weekend I used it to navigate to places in DC which is a maze of a city; Gokivo didn't lead me wrong at all as I was going through DC. Over all I am very pleased with this app, and even if in the future they start charging for it, I would be willing to buy it at a set price, but not at those stupid monthly subscription type of setups.
    Yes it does... and you better start saving

From the Gokivo website:-

Q: How much does Gokivo Navigator cost?

A: Gokivo Navigator is offered as a free trial until May 31st 2009. You will then be required to purchase the product from the BlackBerry App World on your device to continue using it. Pricing details will be announced prior to the end of the trial period.

Q: Does Gokivo Navigator require a data access, phone service, or text messaging for certain features?

A: Yes, Gokivo Navigator downloads data to display maps, route directions, movies and events, traffic, and weather. Data and voice roaming charges may apply if you use services outside of your wireless carriers coverage area. Gokivo Navigator uses the phone service to call points of interest and contacts in the address book. Text message (SMS) charges may apply to send geo-coded share messages.
    05-25-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD