Seriously. How can a thread like that be opened when Classic hasn't even been released?
    10-14-14 10:43 AM
    I wasn't talking about the Classic (whose specs we already know are based on the Q10). I was talking about my wishes for a 2015 flagship successor to the Q10, which the Classic is not, nor is it meant to be.

As some have mentioned, the anticipated specs are likely to be based on the current Z30. I really didn't think they'd make that much different but they took the Z10 and tweaked it just enough to go from an OK device to one that was that much better.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    10-14-14 10:52 AM
    The biggest disappointment, is that the specs of the phone are pretty much identical to the Q10!

So ye, if you're missing the toolbelt, go for it, but don't expect a different experience in regards to running apps etc
    The Classic is a Q10 with the Toolbelt, with a slightly bigger screen (which is welcomed btw)
    10-14-14 11:04 AM
    Classic is targeted at BBOS users who have thus far refused to move citing lack of trackpad and features. Classic brings back trackpad and physical buttons. Classic also comes with 10.3.1 which brings back many legacy features from BBOS (more still need to be brought over, but enough have been brought over with 10.3.1 that you will adjust when coming over from BBOS). So, it's squarely targeted at remaining BBOS users (most of whom probably get their phones through their employer - government or enterprises).

I think Classic will work where Q5 failed. That is, Q5 was suppose to be sold en-masse to governments, enterprises in developing countries but they didn't really buy Q5. If Classic is priced right around Z3/Q5 levels, it'll do the job that was intended for Q5.

For us, Q10 users, the next is probably Passport.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-14-14 12:04 PM
    The biggest disappointment, is that the specs of the phone are pretty much identical to the Q10!

So ye, if you're missing the toolbelt, go for it, but don't expect a different experience in regards to running apps etc
    The Classic is a Q10 with the Toolbelt, with a slightly bigger screen (which is welcomed btw)
    Actually the specs are right out of a Z30. They may not look like much of an improvement but they will be more than enough to make the device run like a completely different machine. I said at the time that the improvements to the Z30 made it run like the Z10 should have in the first place and was a much, much better phone as a result.
    10-14-14 12:50 PM
    Those specs were never marked as "final" and obviously came from a benchmark performed with an early prototype still using the Q10/Z10 internals. Although the word regarding Z30 internals is also just a rumor, it is just as possible, if not even more realistic than those early reports.

Posted via CB10
    OK N4BB just released the specs. MSM9860, 2GB Ram. Oh I was wrong they didn't just add a tool belt, they ripped out the micro HDMI and USB and replaced it with a slim port. So Q10 with tool belt and slim port!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-14 01:34 PM
    The classic is a Q5 succesor!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 02:12 PM
    And no removable battery. :-(

OK N4BB just released the specs. MSM9860, 2GB Ram. Oh I was wrong they didn't just add a tool belt, they ripped out the micro HDMI and USB and replaced it with a slim port. So Q10 with tool belt and slim port!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10

10-14-14 03:06 PM
    If you're already using Q10 then Classic may very well be not for you. It's intended to help people sticking with BlackBerry OS devices to upgrade to BlackBerry 10. Just about the only improvement it brings is the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:54 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic ->>>>>> q10

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:55 PM
    The Q10 is obviously better looking than the Classic. According to the specs, there is no big differences between those two devices. I do think that the Classic is a design disaster. If you've already had a q10, I don't think it is a good idea to upgrade to the classic since they are going to run the same os

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:21 PM
    The Q10 is obviously better looking than the Classic. According to the specs, there is no big differences between those two devices. I do think that the Classic is a design disaster. If you've already had a q10, I don't think it is a good idea to upgrade to the classic since they are going to run the same os

Posted via CB10
    Will you come back after it is released and say you were wrong? You may be double typing by then though.
    10-15-14 08:14 AM
    Will you come back after it is released and say you were wrong? You may be double typing by then though.
    Hah! A friend of mine's double typing issue on the Q10 can get so bad that it sometimes renders typing impossible. Her carrier refuses to send it back for exchange or repair and BlackBerry keeps telling her she has to deal with her carrier. If 10.3.1 doesn't work for her then she's going to have to look at a Classic or a Passport. She resents being forced into it.
    10-15-14 09:48 AM
    To be honest, I have never had to experience any typing issue with a blackberry, although I have heard about the "double-typing" issue

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:53 AM
    Same here. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, but my keyboard has been great.

To be honest, I have never had to experience any typing issue with a blackberry, although I have heard about the "double-typing" issue
    Whether the Classic or the Q10 is a "better" phone is a silly argument because there's no universal right answer. Everyone values different features, and each person gets what works best for him/herself. Personally, I look forward to trying out a Classic in a store, so I can feel it in my hands. That's what eventually sold me on the Q10 - it just felt right for me. I don't require it to feel right for everyone else. :-)

10-15-14 10:24 AM
    Hah! A friend of mine's double typing issue on the Q10 can get so bad that it sometimes renders typing impossible. Her carrier refuses to send it back for exchange or repair and BlackBerry keeps telling her she has to deal with her carrier. If 10.3.1 doesn't work for her then she's going to have to look at a Classic or a Passport. She resents being forced into it.
    Perhaps CrackBerry should get into a mail in repair service.
    10-15-14 03:33 PM
    There are conflicting reports on the specs of the classic, some say Q10 , some say Z30. Either way, they are all speculation for now.

I still use my Q10 as a phone...the send and end buttons are worth a full price off contract upgrade to me, I will also benefit from a year newer device, that hopefully has USB OTG. Who knows, the trackpad may be fun, but It's the phone buttons I am after. All the mfg's seem to have forgotten what phones are for, and fumbling and swiping is not the most productive way to engage a phone conversation.
    10-15-14 05:58 PM
    The classic is not future proofed with these low specs
    10-15-14 07:20 PM
    Blackberry is now and always has been way behind on specs compared to everyone elses flagships, or even midrange phones, I honestly don't know why anyone would decide to care now on this phone.

There is only one blackberry spec that matters to me, and it beats everyone else by miles, its called a KEYBOARD.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-15-14 07:37 PM
    I find it very odd that posters would dislike a phone that they have never seen in real life, held , used or have a price for.
    10-15-14 09:00 PM
45 12