I'm going on a 7 day cruise this Sunday and am wondering what I need to do to my BB. I don't want to pay roaming charges, so I'm guessing I just have to completely turn off the phone. Right?
    06-10-09 08:51 AM
    turn the radio off and use it as an alarm clock or just turn it off completely. you are going on a cruise to relax and get away from the busy world.
    06-10-09 10:00 AM
    agree ... go and relax , leave you blackberry behind
    06-10-09 10:20 AM
    I did the same thing a few weeks ago, leave the Blackberry at home. It's nice to be out of touch for a week.
    06-10-09 10:23 AM
    i would just leave it home is it worth it to get charged roaming?
    06-10-09 10:37 AM
    I just got back from a 7 day cruise in the bahamas on Saturday. i just turned off the radio and was still able to use it for an alarm, watching movies, taking pictures, recording videos, listening to music, etc. It is still handy to have enven though you arent using the radio. It was very relaxing though while on the cruise not to get bombarded by emails, texts, phone calls, facebook messages, etc. Definitely dont keep the radio on becuase you will be beat up with roaming charges and using the boats cell antena....Good luck..
    06-10-09 10:41 AM
    That's awesome! Where you headed?
    06-10-09 11:00 AM
    Just turn the data off you dont need to turn off the radio.
    Unless your talking calls also
    06-10-09 11:02 AM
    No, you don't have to.
    There are some other options.
    International Roaming
    "On a Cruise Ship: Verizon Wireless Cruise Ship Services enable you to make and receive calls while traveling on select cruise lines for a low rate of $2.49 a minute."

Personally, I'm not that important so I'd just turn it off.
    06-10-09 11:06 AM
    Well, my situation might be considered "extenuating". When I was last on a cruise it was in Hawaii (so on land we were fine). We used our cell phones the entire time to find each other (traveled with various family members for that one) and they came in very handy for that. But that was a cruise where we were pretty much in port every single day and sailing at night when we were sleeping (or together eating/drinking, etc.)

But I vote with several others to turn the radio off unless your situation is like mine was.
    06-10-09 11:59 AM
    OP here.....thanks everyone. Next question: How do you turn off the radio?

I would like to be able to use alarm clock, and camera features. I do not need the phone or emails, texts, FB, etc.

Thanks
    06-10-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD