Right now I'm on BES - have corporate email and syncs with Outlook wirelessly - I never hook up directly to computer. I also have a BIS email (i guess) setup, a gmail account that I have an icon for, I assume it's BIS...

Anyway, I'm leaving the company I have the BES through and wonder what is gonna happen to my BB when they "Cut me off". All my contacts are synced to outlook, but will I lose them since I won't be hooked to their server or will they stay locally...?

Thx.
    07-20-10 12:07 AM
    Any way you can backup the phone using Desktop Manager? Or sync to your own copy of Outlook? Are they allowing you to keep the phone? Also, there may be a way to backup/copy the Outlook data unless your computer at work is locked by IS, also.
    07-20-10 12:17 AM
    Any way you can backup the phone using Desktop Manager? Or sync to your own copy of Outlook? Are they allowing you to keep the phone? Also, there may be a way to backup/copy the Outlook data unless your computer at work is locked by IS, also.
    It is my phone, just activated onto their server. I had outlook on my computer before. They just set it up to be on the bes.
    07-20-10 12:25 AM
    Make sure to back up your info since once they take you off BES some information will be wiped.
    When I left my company, all they did was wipe all e-mails, they left my contacts intact and notes and stuff. Though that will depend on the rules I.T. has for your company.
    You should ask someone in the I.T. department or someone in HR.
    07-20-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD