Obtained the 8830 from Verizon last weekend. One of the fist things I did was to enlist my email address which is hosted by godaddy.com.

That email address is also set up to forward emails to my account at Gmail.

However, that forwarding to Gmail has stopped ever since I added my email at BB BIS config screen.

Does anyone know why this is happening? And how to fix?

Or would you suggest using the Gmail address instead on the Godaddy address?

Thanks in advance.

Emcher
    03-26-08 10:04 AM
    I think it might be easier to use the Gmail. There's an application you download for Gmail, which is pretty fast. I have it & I've never had a problem with it.
    03-26-08 11:04 AM
    Or just have your GMAIL pushed directly without the download....Works just fine and quick.
    03-26-08 01:43 PM
    GoDaddy is having or has always had an issue, but I recently started having problems with the account I have on a GoDaddy domain.
    03-26-08 01:49 PM
    GoDaddy is having or has always had an issue, but I recently started having problems with the account I have on a GoDaddy domain.
    Are you kidding? Ive had them for 2 years and the only email program that I have found to work with godaddy is incredimail. I cant get any of my godaddy email jms9453@lspav8r.com on my blackberry. Man IM so friggin frustrated. and the help they give is usless unless your some kind of IT expert.
    10-07-08 12:32 PM
    Why anyone would want to host their email at GoDaddy is beyond me; I had nothing but trouble with them. I finally went to Google Apps for Domains (free!), then pointed my domain's MX records at the GAfD servers.

Much, much better, and the push is instantaneous.
    10-07-08 02:02 PM
    I have 4 GoDaddy email accounts with no issues...

To the OP, if you want to keep both the GoDaddy and the Gmail and make it all work, do this - Cancel the email forwarding, then go to your Gmail account and have your Gmail account pull your mail from your GoDaddy account. Leave your GoDaddy account in your BB mail - this should continue to work fine. This is how I'm set up and I have no issues.

If you like the Gmail format, Google Apps would be a good option for you. You'll get your GoDaddy mail instantaneously in the Gmail interface rather than at the intervals that it's pulled or forwarded - basically the Gmail interface replaces the GoDaddy interface. Then you can either use the regular BB mail or the Gmail app seamlessly.
    10-07-08 08:56 PM
    Are you kidding? Ive had them for 2 years and the only email program that I have found to work with godaddy is incredimail. I cant get any of my godaddy email jms9453@lspav8r.com on my blackberry. Man IM so friggin frustrated. and the help they give is usless unless your some kind of IT expert.
    How are you setting it up? I just put in my email address and password into the mail app and I get all my mail.
    10-07-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD