Hello,

I've been using my BB with my gmail for months without a hitch. But over the past couple days, I've had major problems receiving gmail e-mails. Rather than the e-mails being delayed, I'm not receiving them at all on my BB. My BB was manually set up for IMAP through the Imap.gmail.com server, but when I stopped receiving emails, I decided to see what would happen if I just typed in my email addy and password into BIS and set my gmail up much like I'd set my Yahoo account up. Well, my emails started coming through again... but 12 hours later, I'm back to not receiving anything again.

What in the world is going on with gmail? Why am I not receiving emails? I have Verizon, and I've tried the battery pull option too, so please don't suggest that. I need to know what the problem is!!
    03-07-09 10:17 PM
    I use gmail and VZW. It's working fine for me. Have you tried resending your service books?
    03-07-09 10:57 PM
    This doesn't sound like a gmail problem. Sounds like its a network or BIS/push problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 10:59 PM
    I just checked. I got 39 emails today on my Gmail account. I have no clue what is going on with your account but Gmail works flawlessly here - always has really.
    03-07-09 11:03 PM
    I just checked. I got 39 emails today on my Gmail account. I have no clue what is going on with your account but Gmail works flawlessly here - always has really.
    I don't understand this, I've re-sent service books, set the account up by both IMAP and non-IMAP through VZW BIS. I've done a battery pull. Gmail has worked fine for months, and now all of a sudden, mail just stops arriving out of the blue. What could be causing this?
    03-07-09 11:04 PM
    I am not sure what the issue is. I have no advice, it seems like you have tried it all. I would delete the actual service books from the phone and re-send from the BIS to see what that does, if anything. Is this the only email on the phone that is giving you problems? Lastly since I would want to know if it is fact Gmail and not a silly setting so I would create a new GMail address and see if that pushes to the phone properly. Not the best advice but I am clueless as to why this is happening...
    03-07-09 11:48 PM
    I am not sure what the issue is. I have no advice, it seems like you have tried it all. I would delete the actual service books from the phone and re-send from the BIS to see what that does, if anything. Is this the only email on the phone that is giving you problems? Lastly since I would want to know if it is fact Gmail and not a silly setting so I would create a new GMail address and see if that pushes to the phone properly. Not the best advice but I am clueless as to why this is happening...
    \

I deleted all the gmail service books from the phone and had them re-sent. My email came in for about 10 minutes and then stopped again. What in the world could be causing this problem? I just don't get it. It's been working for months without issue. Any suggestions?
    03-09-09 12:37 AM
    Have you tried deleting the account and adding it again from scratch?
    03-09-09 01:42 AM
    Stock, it seems as though you have done just about everything you can do. One more thing to check. Make sure on gmail/settings/forwarding and pop that POP and IMAP are still enabled. If they are I would call your provider. It has to be something to do with them. Gmail is working fine for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD