I have my Gmail account and I have also setup my business account in my Gmail account.� From My PC I can choose from which address the outgoing email will go from, either my personal gmail account or my business account which i have set up in gmail.

I am trying to replicate this functionality on my Balckberry and cant seem to find a way of sending from an alternative address rather than the default Gmail address?

Can anyone help?

Else I'll be forced to use iPhone at office for business email.
    05-20-14 04:57 PM
    JUst let me finish loading this back up and I'll get you a step by step.

But you don't have to fear, you can do it. Just keep in mind that these "threats" earn you no good will.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-20-14 05:13 PM
    Do you have both emails setup on your device? If not, just like when on one account you added the 2nd on Gmail, the same applies here. You have to setup both accounts as if individual accounts.

If you do. Then you can choose one as default. When your going to compose then just like on Gmail, you can choose from which one you want to send.

Hope this answers your question.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z30-5
    05-20-14 05:21 PM
    As soon as I hit Compose in the HUB, this is what I get.

Gmail send as functionally on BlackBerry 10-img_20140520_202310.png

Really not sure what your issue is.
    05-20-14 06:26 PM
    I have an e-mail address [email protected] and I have associated in gmail this address with [email protected]. I have put some parameters that allow me to send e-mail from gmail on the pc as if I send it from [email protected]. Can I do the same when I send the mails from my BlackBerry 10? How can I configure this? For me this is a very big problem. I hope to solve. Thanks a lot! Have a good day!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 12:31 AM
    Add the info@ email to your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 04:56 AM
    No that will not work since that is office network and it's in private cloud. To over come this I added that email and made every copy of my official email to be sent to Gmail.

In Gmail I added my official email as alias and I can send and receive emails.

That's works perfectly in iPhone and Android Gmail app. My concern and question is is that mail alias possible in BlackBerry?
    Gmail send as functionally on BlackBerry 10-img_20140521_104011.png

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 08:33 AM
    I think one problem with the replies here from what I am seeing is that many people don't understand the concept of "send as".

I wish I could offer instructions for you but I have never implemented this on my BB10 phones whereas I believe it was a no brainer on BBOS phones.
    05-21-14 08:40 AM
    I do not believe you can send from an alias on bb10. I have the same issue.
    05-21-14 09:22 AM
    Tried so many ways but nothing worked
    05-21-14 11:36 AM
    add all the accounts on the hub. Click compose from the hub and it should ask you which account you want to send the email from.
    not sure how to do this on reply email though.
    05-21-14 11:48 AM
    I'm so sorry that is not working! Hope you understood my problem? That's not the way it should be.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 12:31 PM
    We need to email BlackBerry support so it gets added in future updates.

Posted with my Q
    05-21-14 12:39 PM
    download Gmail app and google login service APKs from web or snap it might help you. I had Gmail working on my 10.2.1 don't remember what ver.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...solved-925777/
    05-21-14 04:44 PM
    Sanjay's response would be the same as what you had on IPhone. Because it's an app. On an app, or using the browser will work as on the PC.

Now on the device, the same way you had to add the 2nd account on Gmail, you have to add it on the device. That is if when you want to reply and use the 2nd account.

I had the same setup you have now. A business email on a Gmail account. The email would channel through the Gmail, and when I responded from my device, I would change the email "send as" or "from" after I hit reply. After you hit reply at the very top there is a drop down and there you can select from which email.

05-21-14 07:49 PM
    We need to email BlackBerry support so it gets added in future updates.

Posted with my Q
    No, he doesn't.

download Gmail app and google login service APKs from web or snap it might help you. I had Gmail working on my 10.2.1 don't remember what ver.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...solved-925777/
    No, he doesn't.

I do not believe you can send from an alias on bb10. I have the same issue.
    Yes, you can. Both of you.

You created an alias. Next time, you could start by saying that, would save us a lot of time. Let me fetch you the link for that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...s-bb10-820767/
    gokulesh and tfp like this.
    05-22-14 11:25 AM
    If you only need to send from the alias (work address) and don't need to send from the created address (gmail dummy) then the instructions provided in the above link work. At least they work for an @outlook.com created address as that's what I use. And its even easier than the instructions for an @outlook.com address as all you need to do in outlook is set it to always send from the alias and nothing needs to be done on your phone. Any email sent from the outlook account will automatically show as being sent from the alias
    diegonei likes this.
    05-22-14 12:04 PM
    Yes, but what if you want to be able to send from either? It shouldn't be difficult.

Posted with my Q
    05-22-14 08:09 PM
    Yes, but what if you want to be able to send from either? It shouldn't be difficult.

Posted with my Q
    Then I believe the steps outlined in the linked thread give you the option to send from either. Or, download the appropriate app from Snap or 1mobile and use that. As mentioned in a previous post, there is a way to get the Gmail app to work.

I know that I've had the outlook and yahoo email apps work, didn't try the Gmail app as I don't have a Gmail account lol

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 05:36 AM
    Or, you can try this native app featured in the weekly app roundup

BlackBerry App Roundup for May 23, 2014 | CrackBerry.com

Its an app built around the mobile site but it gives you notifications* and I'd guess the "send as" option as well. It's $0.99 to buy but if you need the "send as" option and this is the only way, I'm guessing it'd be money well spent.

*not sure if it needs to be an active frame to receive notifications
    05-23-14 10:47 AM
    I purchased but not like native email. Always needs.to be opened to receive email and taking time to load email for.bigger attachments

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 04:46 PM
    Why did you purchase anything. A free solution was already shown (allowing you to "send as" with an alias email address).

Why pay when a simple and free solution exists that utilizes the native BB10 email software (and therefore all the features that BB10 native email comes with)?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 01:37 AM
    As suggested in the blog I did all the steps but it shows image error.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 03:12 AM
    Search these forums...just read about a guy who posted step-by-step instructions on how to fix that.

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-25-14 04:01 AM
    Sanjay's response would be the same as what you had on IPhone. Because it's an app. On an app, or using the browser will work as on the PC.

Now on the device, the same way you had to add the 2nd account on Gmail, you have to add it on the device. That is if when you want to reply and use the 2nd account.

I had the same setup you have now. A business email on a Gmail account. The email would channel through the Gmail, and when I responded from my device, I would change the email "send as" or "from" after I hit reply. After you hit reply at the very top there is a drop down and there you can select from which email.

In this case, if you added the email address to the device and it also was an alias on another email address, you would get double emails.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    05-25-14 07:44 AM
26 12