Okay, so my college recently switched their email system. They used to run their own email system but now it's "powered by Gmail". Basically when I log into my school email account, it looks just like Gmail only I have my old email address, which is a .edu one.

Anyway, ever since the switch, email won't go to my Blackberry. It's weird because I have my normal Gmail account working okay. IMAP and POP are enabled. The right password is being used...I've tried adding the account through the BIS site and right through my BB. No luck.

What do you think is wrong?
    06-03-09 11:01 PM
    Gmail uses some odd ports... from your Gmail account you should be able to dig through the help settings and find the HowTo for POP and IMAP, including the special ports you'll need to use. Have you tried the Gmail app yet?
    06-04-09 07:19 AM
    Yes, the Gmail app works...

It just won't work on my BB.
    Where in the account settings can I go to get the POP email settings so I can input them manually into BIS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 11:18 AM
    I'm unable to access Gmail right now but I know in the Help section there is a tutorial for setting up POP and IMAP, in there you'll find the port settings you need.
    06-04-09 11:27 AM
    I went to Gmail settings and found stuff like this:

incoming mail: pop.gmail.com
    Port: 995
    SSL checked

outgoing: smtp.gmail.com
    I forget the port # but it was listed

I tried inputting these into Tmobile BIS online and it didn't work. It wouldn't let me save the settings, it said there was an error? I also made sure that POP was enabled in my Gmail.

I'm so confused.
    06-04-09 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD