I just logged on to my gmail account on my laptop and cleared out a bunch of old emails and then did a manual reconcile on my device. All of the emails I just deleted are still on the device even though they are gone from gmail. Am I missing something or does reconcile only check for new messages?
    07-24-09 07:50 PM
    I just logged on to my gmail account on my laptop and cleared out a bunch of old emails and then did a manual reconcile on my device. All of the emails I just deleted are still on the device even though they are gone from gmail. Am I missing something or does reconcile only check for new messages?
    Reconcile does nothing unless you are on Blackberry enterprise server (BES)
    07-24-09 08:20 PM
    Reconcile does nothing unless you are on Blackberry enterprise server (BES)
    Wow I didn't know that. Thx for clarifying.
    07-24-09 08:26 PM
    The messages are finally gone from my BB. It took a while though.

I have another question now lol. If I set up gmail to use IMAP will my email still push instantly or will i have the 15min delay?

Thx for the replies everyone. I'm slowly figuring this stuff out.
    07-24-09 10:23 PM
    I set up imap and it pushes instantly. I had always wondered what reconciling did myself.
    07-24-09 10:25 PM
    I set up imap and it pushes instantly. I had always wondered what reconciling did myself.
    I'm gonna set up IMAP and see how that works. BTW I didn't double post lol. There is a post by armedtank that's now missing from the thread for some reason.
    07-24-09 10:30 PM
    thanks for help..
    07-24-09 10:37 PM
    thanks for help..
    I'm confused by your reply. I'm not sure who you're thanking.
    07-24-09 10:40 PM
    I followed every instruction I could find on the web and I still cannot get email that I delete from gmail to also delete on the blackberry. I do have it set to delete on reconcile.

Thank you
    08-20-09 07:25 PM
    I followed every instruction I could find on the web and I still cannot get email that I delete from gmail to also delete on the blackberry. I do have it set to delete on reconcile.

Thank you
    Keep in mind it is NOT instant. I've had it take up to 3 hours for items to delete from my device.
    08-20-09 07:41 PM
    Good to know...thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:43 PM
    I believe that on BIS your BB usually checks for new mail every 15 minutes if there's no activity, if there is then it checks again in 3 min. blackberry e-mail addresses however get mail pushed instantly, and for some reason so does gmail (if I remember what I read correctly, and I haven't tested this). Deleting email online (as others have said) takes some time before it's deleted from you BB. I've found that doing the opposite though (deleting on your BB) deletes it instantly from my online IMAP mail.
    08-20-09 11:00 PM
    If you delete a email from your gmail account it will not delete it from gmail, this is a well known property of gmail....one day soon(hopefully)gmail will add this functionality
    08-20-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD