Yes, its an annoying topic; apologies for that but I experience some problems with gmail the last 2 days where messages are not pushed in realtime anymore. Am I the only one?

I read a couple of times that deleting and adding the same account solved this issue in some cases, but this will delete all the emails stored for this particular account, correct?

Thanks
    07-05-09 06:43 AM
    Deleting the email account from your bis will delete the email currently on your device not the ones in your gmail account. Do a backup of your device then restore the backup after you delete and re add your account. I will say this, I never had any problems with gmail until about a month ago. It started having a 15 minute delay. I did the delete re add thing and it did nothing for me. Others say it worked for them. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.
    07-05-09 06:54 AM
    your definately not the only one, i have had the same issues too. i have delete the account from the bis, taking the battery out and everything. i think its might be from google's side because my yahoo works fine
    07-05-09 07:33 AM
    same problema for me!

it was immediate till some days ago and now it has a 20 minutes average delay.

Some suggestions would be really apreciated
    07-06-09 07:11 AM
    I guess there is not really much we can do about it since it seems to be a gmail related problem. So if youre not working for google I doubt that there is a solution
    07-06-09 07:20 AM
    Well, it's certianly a Gmail issue. I have several friends with Gmail and BB's. We have it at different times. One person's email will be instant while mine is delayed. Next day, mine is instant, his is delayed up to an hour.

All the while, we also have yahoo accounts linked to the devices and test emails to them go through instantly.

Google's support staff seem to respond with a canned email to use their Gmail App for the BB. (But, last time I checked, they still didn't have PUSH).
    07-06-09 07:33 AM
    still having issues here and it worked fine untill last friday :-(
    07-06-09 08:26 AM
    Having the same problem getting about a 15 minute delay used to work great but last few days its been terrible, i think we can all conclude it is a google issue so i guess all we can do is wait to see if this gets resolved.
    07-06-09 10:08 AM
    No problem here.. using google apps on BIS and my blackberry gets emails quicker than my desktop or browser
    07-06-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD