Hello, starting about saturday, my curve on VZW, has had problems with imap gmail going to my phone, every once in a while it will push, sometimes it will take about 15 minutes, but most of the time it won't show up on my phone at all. Before saturday it worked perfectly, I have resent service books, removed my account from the bis site and set it back up to no avail. The only thing I have done differently was I actually logged in to my gmail webmail from mail.google.com, but I don't see that making a difference, also pop and imap are enabled from gmail, and I haven't touched those settings, I searched for problems, but nothing came up recently. Thanks for any insight
    12-08-08 08:12 PM
    I have never had a problem with my gmail account.. do you have anything special setup within gmail like any advanced filters that might be moving messages? this is the only think I can think of.
    12-08-08 08:59 PM
    No, nothing, like I said it just happened on its own out of the blue either friday or Saturday, no filters, both pop and imap enabled, like it always has been, the only difference is that I logged in at mail.google.com, btw everything is working fine going to my mac mail app. I'm so upset.
    12-08-08 09:01 PM
    dude, i am currently on hold with VZ about this issue...they are only showing up on my pc inbox and not my bb...will let u know what they say..
    12-08-08 09:05 PM
    Great, thanks for sharing the information! At least I know it's not just me.
    12-08-08 09:39 PM
    ok....so i just got off with VZ and they essentially deleted my email from BIS and reset it. obviously, i think you can do this yourself by going to blackberry.com/govzw (i think that is the website). anywho it is working now and i don't believe it is a gmail problem

The guy i talked to said sometimes it just gets 'bogged down' and it needs to push an email through to break it up...

hope this helps.
    12-08-08 09:48 PM
    I'll try it again, I've deleted and undeleted like 10 times today, keep me posted if it continues to work for you
    12-08-08 09:49 PM
    yikes...yeah man will do.

ok..trying to remember everything we did to the phone.

1. options>advanced options>host routing table> blackberry button and then select register now.
    2. then he had me pull the battery with the storm on...

i think that was about it..
    12-08-08 09:52 PM
    sorry man, i just saw you have a curve. I am a total bb noob. i have no idea if those options even exist for you? sorry if i just muddied the waters.
    12-08-08 09:55 PM
    Yeah all blackberries have those options. Thanks for all of your help, I'm still waiting on my storm, that's why I'm not too concerned right now, if it doesn't work on my storm then I'll call and start complaining, but until then, I'm just using a store demo curve, I am a VZW employee, but have had ATT until now, I canceled data on att b/c I won a storm in a raffle at work, just waiting for it to arrive and I'm going to make the switch. Thanks for the insight.
    Paul
    12-09-08 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD