Ive been having problems recieving emails from my gmail account on my curve the last few days. ive tried sending the service books. and deleting and re adding the account. but nothing seems to work. was just wondering if anyone else hasd been having problems woth their gmail accounts recently, let me know, thanks
    04-12-09 03:06 PM
    I haven't been experiencing any problems with receiving emails from my gmail account. It could be a server type problem with your carrier or it could be the way that you have it setup. Are you setting it up using IMAP or POP3? With the releases of BIS 2.6, the preferred method is to use IMAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 03:56 PM
    No problems with me on TMo either? Good questions Armak. Also what are the problems exactly? Not getting mail at all or delayed mail?
    04-12-09 04:01 PM
    Ive been having problems recieving emails from my gmail account on my curve the last few days. ive tried sending the service books. and deleting and re adding the account. but nothing seems to work. was just wondering if anyone else hasd been having problems woth their gmail accounts recently, let me know, thanks
    I use gmail and VZW as my carrier. No problems here.
    04-12-09 04:18 PM
    im not sure how to check, im using a hotmail and yahoo account and rcieving my emails fine, just not recieving with my gmail
    04-12-09 04:27 PM
    im not sure how to check, im using a hotmail and yahoo account and rcieving my emails fine, just not recieving with my gmail
    Is this a company BB or your own personal BB? If it is one from your company, then you are on BES. If it is your own personal one, then you are on BIS.

04-12-09 04:46 PM
    its a personal phone
    04-12-09 04:50 PM
    Alright, that means you are going through your carriers BIS server. When you are adding and deleting the gmail account, how are you doing this exactly? (Try to be as detailed as possible when explaining.)

04-12-09 04:58 PM
    i go to setup folder
    email settings
    email accounts
    than it shows me all of my email accounts
    i click delete on the gmail one.
    thhan i scroll down to add an email account and put the info back in
    04-12-09 05:01 PM
    So far so good, it sounds like you are setting it up for IMAP. You should be getting a confirmation email sent to your device if the account is set up successful. Now in your gmail account, do you have IMAP enabled under settings?

Last edited by ArmaK; 04-12-09 at 05:09 PM.
    04-12-09 05:07 PM
    when i send the service books or add the account new i get a conformation sent to my phone that the account is set up succesful, but i still dont recieve them emails its really weird , mabye a server problem. the werid thing is that it was working for weeks then last friday it just stopped working
    04-12-09 06:51 PM
    do you have any filters enabled on the BIS server?
    04-12-09 06:53 PM
    can you explain what you mean by bis??
    04-12-09 06:54 PM
    BIS is the service for personal phones to get e-mail.

Your carrier's BIS site is https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers

This may be helpful
    04-12-09 07:26 PM
    thanks guys i called rogers and got it all fixed up
    04-12-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";