Hello all!

I'm a new Blackberry user, indeed few days ago I've gave up my iPhone and I took a Bold 9700. I'm really happy with it, it's fast (especially compared to the iPhone 3G…), handy and I love the keyboard. But unfortunately I've spent the two last days (full time!) trying to set up my BB with my Gmail account and so far it's unsuccessful

I know that this problem have been dealt quit a lot of time on this forum (and others, such as Google's one) but strangely I haven't found a proper answer thus I'm seeking for your help here. I've set-up my Gmail account directly via the BB browser (I later found that the URL was taiwanmobile dot blackberry dot com), everything went smoothly. I now have a new inbox with a new message saying (roughly) that I'll start to receive my messages within 20 mins.

Few mins later I received this message :

Your @gmail email messages aren't being delivered to your BB. To receive your email messages, turn on the IMAP setting for all mail in your @gmail.com account
    Ok…my IMAP is already on and worked fine for the past 4 years but still, going to my gmail account, deactivate and re-activate the IMAP. I then got back to my BB and tried to "Validate" the account…few mins later I received the same message. I erase the account and I create a new one directly via the email setup application this time, same result, it asks me to turn on my IMAP.

Some friends told me that I should set up the email account directly on the carrier website (BIS?) thus I'm going to taiwanmobile DOT blackberry DOT com, erase my current account and I try to create a new one by typing my PIN and my IMEI but then, I have a "You can't use this this website with your HTML browser, you must your your BB browser"….

Last night I reluctantly (these people lack of common senses…) tried to seek help from my carrier but, as expected, I was really close to murder the sales guy when he repeated for the 18th time that I should check my IMAP setting or that I should use a new email from Taiwan Mobile…

Finally last night I hard erased ("Security Swipe"), I've change my gmail password (just in case but I do it every month) to finally find out that nothing has changed.

So I guess that you guys are my last hope, Have I missed anything on the process that could help me to get my mails on my BB ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for that long post.
    Last edited by TortueG; 04-14-10 at 03:19 AM.
    04-14-10 03:14 AM
    Ha! I have something new!

I try to add an another Gmail account and it worked! Thus is not a problem from Taiwan Mobile or RIM like I could read somewhere else. Thus something (an options/configuration) is preventing my Blackberry to communicate with my Gmail account.

I still don't see what it can be (yes my IMAP is working fine!) but it makes the research easier I guess.

Any idea ?
    04-14-10 05:36 AM
    You should see if you have a email setup icon on your options screen after pressing the menu key. I don't think setting it up through the browser will work. If you do, delete the bad account and the email setup will walk you through it. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 07:11 AM
    Have you read this? Found searching for "gmail validate".

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...ce-all-399404/
    04-14-10 07:44 AM
    Ha! I did but the link wasn't working!

All works fine now, the culprit indeed was Gmail Labs!

Thx for your help guys!
    04-14-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD