Although I thought I tried doing this in the past, sure enough after readding my gmail account via the BIS website my mail is now showing up instantly. I'd still love to know how that poster could monitor communication between RIM's server and gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:16 AM
    Did you copy that from somewhere else (text is diff color)? If not, how do you watch the comms. between the RIM and IMAP server?
    I was able to watch the communication by acting as a Man in the Middle. I built a php imap proxy. Initially I did this to solve some of the RIM IMAP quirks. Such as, getting a copy of mail in the sent and deleted folders when using courier. I also figured out a way to increase the polling rate from 17 minutes to 3-4 minutes. But the addition of IDLE and my move to gmail has made this unnecessary now.

You can see some of my old notes here:

http://www.krkeegan.com/archives/82-...h-Folders.html
    02-26-09 11:25 AM
    thank God it isn't just me. I rely on my emails instantly for work (unfortunately!). I posted a thread about this...then saw your thread Elvin. I live in Kansas City...Sprint....and use a Curve with my Gmail. Starting yesterday it takes upwards of about 13 minutes to get my emails...same thing today. I rerouted through my sprint.blackberry.net account and back to instant....but with all that nasty spam. I sent service books yesterday to no avail. I s'pose that I will delete the account and start again to see if that helps...but if this continues I will have to find a more reliable IMAP account than Gmail. If anyone solves this...PLEASE POST
    02-26-09 11:29 AM
    Not only are emails not being pushed, I only get about 7/10 on my device. Very annoying. I demand a refund!
    02-26-09 11:41 AM
    thank God it isn't just me. I rely on my emails instantly for work (unfortunately!). I posted a thread about this...then saw your thread Elvin. I live in Kansas City...Sprint....and use a Curve with my Gmail. Starting yesterday it takes upwards of about 13 minutes to get my emails...same thing today. I rerouted through my sprint.blackberry.net account and back to instant....but with all that nasty spam. I sent service books yesterday to no avail. I s'pose that I will delete the account and start again to see if that helps...but if this continues I will have to find a more reliable IMAP account than Gmail. If anyone solves this...PLEASE POST
    This is all starting to make sense. I've had Gmail IMAP on my Curve for about 8 months. It didn't used to be push, but then about August of last year, Gmail and or RIM changed something, and all of a sudden it started pushing Gmail IMAP emails. Life was great, and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Nobody has had an answer for this until now. Most people tell you to either resend your service books (which doesn't work, by the way), or they act like you're strange for bringing it up, since their email with IMAP works just fine. Then, you also get the ignorant folks that just tell you to use POP, not knowing what the **** they are talking about and why one would want to use IMAP instead.

Well, I just deleted my account for the first time, and so far so good. I'm back to what appears to be push. It could just be a coinsidence, but I'm hopeful.

By the way, if you recreate your email account, keep in mind that it may screw up your calendar, and you'll need to restor it from backup. People don't always tell you that. It'll install a new default email program, and then when you sync it up with Outlook, there is a chance it could give you duplicate records. You have been warned...
    02-26-09 11:54 AM
    I'm glad that we have found resoloution to this! I changed back to POP for the time being, which for some reason won't show that you have read the message, but when you do the delete on mailbox and handheld, it is doing that, which it didn't used to do on POP. Maybe I'll change back...
    02-26-09 12:05 PM
    Do you mean you moved back to IMAP?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:09 PM
    Found this by doing a google search...
    Gmail outage leaves users in lurch for few hours
    02-27-09 10:39 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD