When sending emails on my BB with IMAP Gmail, they do not appear in my sent mail when I check on the Gmail website. Is there a way to correct this?

I have the Gmail app and I still prefer to use the IMAP through the native BB email.
    08-06-08 03:02 PM
    Instead of using IMAP with GMail, I would use standard POP. I have all of my email through BIS on POP.

GMail is great and works wonderfully. All mail sent from the Berry is seen on GMail and all mail received is seen on my Berry... works flawlessly and a lot faster than IMAP!!

You will probably find that the IMAP syncronization between your Berry is not accurate and is slloooooow... stick with POP!

Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    08-06-08 03:11 PM
    Some useful links :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ut-imap-29721/

Check the rest of the HowTo section of the forums... there are a few other good GMail guides.
    08-06-08 03:12 PM
    First, make sure you've set up a filter on your BIS site so that emails sent by your Gmail address aren't sent to your handheld. (The most common problem with Gmail.)

Once that's done, enter your @gmail.com address in the Auto BCC: field on your BIS site. This will make "save" a copy of your sent email, allowing you to see it at gmail.com.

When that's completed, any email you send will show up as a new "unread" message when you login to your gmail inbox. If this is going to bother you, set up a filter within Gmail so that all emails sent from your @gmail.com address are automatically archived. They'll be saved, and searchable, but won't show up as unread messages in your inbox. They will, however, be highlighted in your inbox when you first send them, an you'll have to click them to get rid of the highlight. (Or select the message and mark as read, I guess).

That's the best I could do for myself. Hopefully this helps.
    08-06-08 03:18 PM
    First, make sure you've set up a filter on your BIS site so that emails sent by your Gmail address aren't sent to your handheld. (The most common problem with Gmail.)

Once that's done, enter your @gmail.com address in the Auto BCC: field on your BIS site. This will make "save" a copy of your sent email, allowing you to see it at gmail.com.

When that's completed, any email you send will show up as a new "unread" message when you login to your gmail inbox. If this is going to bother you, set up a filter within Gmail so that all emails sent from your @gmail.com address are automatically archived. They'll be saved, and searchable, but won't show up as unread messages in your inbox. They will, however, be highlighted in your inbox when you first send them, an you'll have to click them to get rid of the highlight. (Or select the message and mark as read, I guess).

That's the best I could do for myself. Hopefully this helps.
    You can also setup the filter to mark these messages as "read", so they'll appear as other emails sent from the web interface.

I used IMAP with Gmail for about 3 weeks until I realized one thing that was a deal breaker, and made it clear to me that POP3 is the way to go (for me at least): when using IMAP, deleting messages on "Mailbox & Handheld" causes the messages to be ARCHIVED in Gmail instead of being DELETED. When using POP3, the same action actually deletes the messages in Gmail.

When I then thought about how Gmail actually works, this makes perfect sense. With IMAP you are directly accessing the Gmail mail store, and "deleting" a message from a folder has the effect of removing the label (folder name) from the message. When the folder is "Inbox", this results in the message being archived. When you delete a message in the web interface, you're effectively applying the "Trash" label to the message.
    08-06-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD