Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to sync my Gmail on my blackberry with my gmail on my computer. Sometimes I'll open an email on my computer and still get a notification on my blackberry. I tried the Enhanced Gmail Plug-In but couldnt install the program.
    08-23-11 03:16 PM
    Gmail will sync but it takes hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 03:20 PM
    yea blackberry doesn't do a great job with gmail despite what everyone says about "great email"

there's really nothing you can do
    08-23-11 03:30 PM
    Agreed with lousy Gmail sync. I am finding that once the Gmail does sync if I've filed any email on my desktop (archive) that I may continue to have a new message alert on my BB even if the message was moved out of my BB inbox.
    08-27-11 10:20 AM
    Agreed with lousy Gmail sync. I am finding that once the Gmail does sync if I've filed any email on my desktop (archive) that I may continue to have a new message alert on my BB even if the message was moved out of my BB inbox.
    You need to understand how Gmail's BlackBerry connection works. A standard Gmail setup on BIS syncs the BlackBerry Inbox with the "All Mail" label in Gmail. When you file a message under a Gmail label, it remains in All Mail, which is why removing it from Gmail's Inbox doesn't affect the BlackBerry Inbox. It is working exactly as RIM intended.

A workaround is to set up the Gmail account as a generic IMAP account. You can do so by giving it a fictitious email address in the initial setup. BIS will try to set it up, will time out, and will give you the option of specifying the server settings manually. If you do it this way, BIS will sync your BlackBerry Inbox to the Gmail Inbox, but you'll lose access to any advanced Gmail features such as access to labels that you might have had with a standard setup.
    Laura Knotek and Guatiao like this.
    08-27-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD