Ok I've searched and searched and just can't seem to figure this out. My problem is simple, I have GMail setup on my 9810 as a secondary email account (I also have email via BES) but since I have a ton of gmail that gets labelled and moved from the Inbox I want a way to view just the Inbox by default when I launch GMail.
    I'm on BBOS 7.1 Bundle 1762 by the way.
    I can get to what I want by going to View Folder and then selecting Inbox from the list of folders (which also contains all my labels) but I need this view to be the default.
    I've seen articles suggesting using filters rather than view folder but when I'm in the main gmail mailbox Filters does not show up in the Menu or bottom of the display.
    There are 2 places I've found to set up Filters:
    1. (From Mailbox) Options -> Email Filters
    2. (From Mailbox) Options -> Email Account Management -> Gmail Account -> Filters
    Neither of those options has any filters pre-configured and it's not obvious how to set them up to match my gmail labels. They look different and have different options too.

Finally if it matters it appears that when I tried multiple time to get my gmail account setup, it retained folders from the previous attempts. Ie: when I go to View -> Folder from the mailbox I can see 2 [email protected] groupings in addition to the one which contains all my folders/labels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-26-12 09:42 AM
    Just took a look at someone else's Blackberry (they don't have a BES account, just BIS) and noticed that "Filter" shows up in the menu in their gmail mailbox with the gmail labels as filters.
    I wonder if there is something about having both a BES email account and a gmail account on the same system. I do have the ability to star or label messages.
    07-26-12 12:05 PM
    Just took a look at someone else's Blackberry (they don't have a BES account, just BIS) and noticed that "Filter" shows up in the menu in their gmail mailbox with the gmail labels as filters.
    I wonder if there is something about having both a BES email account and a gmail account on the same system. I do have the ability to star or label messages.
    07-26-12 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD