ARRRGH!

ok:

I just got off the phone with an ATT (rudest service ever) personnel because i was having email problems. Attitude from the go. But he sputtered about how long i've had my phone, and if i had recently done any damage to it (as if i'd ever do such a thing), and could i hold on for a minute...this is what I came up with.

It seems i can send and receive emails to and from myself and others into my yahoo! email, and in turn will recieve it both in my inbox and on my phone. No problem!

But when it comes to my gmail account, others from a non-gmail account, can send me emails, and i'll receive them in my inbox and phone, however, when i try and send myself an email from my gmail to my gmail, it only goes into my inbox and not my phone. What the eff!?!

The ******* from ATT had no clue of what the problem was. So i'm wondering if anyone here is experiencing similar issues. I'm deducing that it's a gmail server problem.

Yes:
    I've shut off and on
    I've rebooted
    I've kept the battery out for more than a minute.
    It just started recently
    My BB messg still works
    I can still jump online and browse

No:
    I haven't installed any new software
    I haven't dropped/damaged it
    It's not my office building.

*looks at phone with disgust* Can anyone help me?
    04-09-08 12:45 PM
    Sounds like you have a filter on your gmail account.

If you're on BIS.

The same filter that would prevent you from getting copies of everything you sent from your gmail account would also prevent you from receiving stuff you send yourself from your gmail account.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly.

Another idea to try, if I'm not, is to go to your BIS page, look at the filters and also send your service books.
    04-09-08 12:49 PM
    Sounds like you have a filter on your gmail account.

If you're on BIS.

The same filter that would prevent you from getting copies of everything you sent from your gmail account would also prevent you from receiving stuff you send yourself from your gmail account.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly.

Another idea to try, if I'm not, is to go to your BIS page, look at the filters and also send your service books.
    I'll log on right now and see if that's the case. Thanks.
    04-09-08 01:01 PM
    I prefer to use gmail's mobile app that's available from their mobile site - it allows me to star items and archive and all other gmail functions right from the phone
    04-09-08 01:16 PM
    I prefer to use gmail's mobile app that's available from their mobile site - it allows me to star items and archive and all other gmail functions right from the phone
    i downloaded that the other day...haven't used it extensively, though. reception at work isn't the best. (i.e. 1 bar/SOS)
    04-09-08 03:54 PM
    I've had luck with Gmail in some low reception areas (fortunately, there aren't many since I live in a city) especially, if it's already picked up the messages and I'm just looking at them. There's a selection to Preload messages and check mail in the background, so when you do have service, it will get the messages. I haven't spent 8 hours in one place that has low service though...good luck ;-)
    04-09-08 09:41 PM
    Att should be connecting you to their BB/Data CS....if not request
    04-09-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD