All i want to know is if BIS 2.6 makes GMAIL IMAP instant. It used to take minutes to hours to get emails....is it faster now?

thanks
    03-22-09 12:41 PM
    Yes, it is instant now. About time, right? Although I don't know what was up with your previous situation... hours?? Should have been 15 minutes max but regardless, it's instant now.

Just a reminder, you have to delete then re-add your email account.
    03-22-09 12:51 PM
    Just a reminder, you have to delete then re-add your email account.
    And then re-load the servicebooks.
    03-22-09 12:58 PM
    I still don't understand why this upgrade is so great. Sure you have read status synced but beyond that... my Gmail and Google Apps mail was always pushed instantly... Oh well, I'm not going to bother deleting and re-adding my accounts.
    03-22-09 02:14 PM
    For some it worked faster than others. Like me, my impaonly took 3-5 minutes. Now its instant. All you have to do is delete the account/s then re-add them. No need to send service books after doing this since when you set up a new account it will do it automatically. If you want to keep certain email on your device I would advice doing a backup first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 03:39 PM
    I still don't understand why this upgrade is so great. Sure you have read status synced but beyond that... my Gmail and Google Apps mail was always pushed instantly... Oh well, I'm not going to bother deleting and re-adding my accounts.
    Well, most people are quite annoyed to mark all of their emails as read on their BB only to find the same list of emails marked as unread when checking Gmail via the web.
    BIS 2.6 solves this problem. It's just better this way.
    03-29-09 03:35 AM
    Hey,

Did delete my account and re-added it after the update. Now my mails are not mapped to this account any more!
    Deleted and re-added my account quite often, but this never happend.

Any solutions?

Thx!

03-29-09 04:44 AM
    Hey,

Did delete my account and re-added it after the update. Now my mails are not mapped to this account any more!
    Deleted and re-added my account quite often, but this never happend.

Any solutions?

Thx!

Try logging into your gmail from a computer and make sure you have IMAP selected in the settings.
    03-29-09 07:30 AM
    Well, most people are quite annoyed to mark all of their emails as read on their BB only to find the same list of emails marked as unread when checking Gmail via the web.
    BIS 2.6 solves this problem. It's just better this way.
    I thought its always synced read status?

03-29-09 08:13 AM
    for IMAP yes, for POP3, no.

and yes, I was one of the people who used to enjoy almost instant google apps email...that went to **** 2 weeks ago when it would either poll every 15 mins (even though I had it set to IMAP) or not pull emails at all..now once I deleted and resent SBs, I'm back to normal (*knock on wood*).
    03-29-09 09:57 AM
    thx for your reply zero. IMAP is activated for sure on my mail account (actually I'm using IMAPS to access my account at work).

I've deleted this account several times in my BIS, cause I had the same troubles as kazmi. But every time the BB mapped the mails of my general mailfolder back to the account when it was reinstalled at the BIS. However, this time it doesnt.

Did I make myself clear?

Anyone had this problem before?
    03-29-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD