I just found this article on Yahoo..
    Gmail archiving program is actually spyware : Christopher Null : Yahoo! Tech. Is anyone else aware of this or using the program...The article is dated 3/08 so it may be old news...just a heads up. Since I'm a newbie I can't post the actual url.
    Last edited by bsknrobns; 06-26-08 at 11:40 PM.
    06-26-08 11:28 PM
    What does this program even do?
    06-26-08 11:29 PM
    According to C. Null "If you've used the G-Archiver program to back up your Gmail (aka Google Mail) email, you've got a headache on your hands. The program has been revealed to be a malicious spyware app that emails your Gmail username and password to a secret Gmail account."
    06-26-08 11:32 PM
    ...The program has been revealed to be a malicious spyware app that emails your Gmail username and password to a secret Gmail account."
    What happens after the "secret" account gets your Gmail login information? Has anyone been affected by this? Seems like it would be big news by now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 10:15 AM
    I'd like to see the source info, please.
    06-27-08 11:12 AM
    06-27-08 11:14 AM
    After reading this article i would have never installed it anyway since it wasn't a true google add on. I currently use outlook 2007 and use pop to get my gmail. Then anything i want to archive i use outlook to do so. It works out great for me.
    06-27-08 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the link. At first I thought that the program was part of gmail itself, but the article makes it clear that this was an add on program.
    06-27-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";