First, let me start by apologizing for creating another one of these threads. I have been reading through other threads on the same topic and keep finding different answers/solutions.

With the current and subsequent iterations of BIS, is it possible to setup true two-way syncing w/ gmail? So if I read an email on the BB, it will show up as read on my computer. Or if I delete an email on my computer, it will delete on the BB. Does setting this up create a lag in email send/receive times?

I want to avoid using the gmail app if possible.

Thank you
    07-06-09 11:37 PM
    Yes, this can be done with IMAP as far as I know. They recommend POP3 because its faster, but I've tried it with IMAP and it syncs the read messages, etc. All with no Gmail App.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 07:54 AM
    Good to hear. POP3 sucks, in my opinion, since it doesn't really provide syncing capabilities.
    07-07-09 08:48 AM
    When i read an email on my BB, it marks it as read on my computer. When I delete from my BB, it gets deleted on my computer. But, when I delete from my computer, the email remains on my BB until I delete it from the device itself.
    07-07-09 08:51 AM
    There are currently no options for starring emails, applying labels, filing emails, etc through BIS and gmail. They are currently in Beta testing though of a new add-on to work with gmail through BIS.
    07-07-09 08:52 AM
    But, when I delete from my computer, the email remains on my BB until I delete it from the device itself.
    That sucks. There's no way to get it to sync?
    07-07-09 10:02 AM
    Sorry to hijack this thread

Syncing for me works one way only
    I dont delete messages so I cant speak for that

When I read an email from the blackberry it shows read on the PC
    When I read from the PC or from gmail.com, the message stays unread forever on my blackberry

Blackberry 9780
    05-17-11 11:25 AM
    There are currently no options for starring emails, applying labels, filing emails, etc through BIS and gmail. They are currently in Beta testing though of a new add-on to work with gmail through BIS.
    That's not quite true, if you go on your GMail inbox on your blackberry (i.e menu > ****@gmail.com NOT menu > Messages) and press the menu button on a conversation, you can click Archive, Labels, Add Star etc.

05-18-11 04:58 AM
    And I've just realised that I've replied to a point made two years ago, josepha you should have started a new thread buddy.

In answer to your question though, reading an email on a computer will never mark anything as read on your Blackberry I'm afraid. There's nothing wrong with your blackbery, that's just the way it is.

05-18-11 05:10 AM
    And I've just realised that I've replied to a point made two years ago, josepha you should have started a new thread buddy.

In answer to your question though, reading an email on a computer will never mark anything as read on your Blackberry I'm afraid. There's nothing wrong with your blackbery, that's just the way it is.

For gmail that's partially true - its not instantaneous but usually it will sync up in a couple of hours. However, yahoo has full two-way sync I believe.
    05-18-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD