When are we going to realize the media DON'T WANT RIM TO BE HERE. They think that the market is only big enough for Android and Apple possibly windows phone but they don't want RIM to still exist.

What we saw today was innovation IMO what Android and Apple are going to lack in the future. They are thinking about users flowing in between apps, documents etc cause that's what they are trying to change and be unique to themselves.

Recently I've just gotten an update for IOS 6 and there isn't really anything different about it besides the new outlook on the media player and settings it hasn't even solved user issues.

I won't be surprised if Technobuffalo will shoot down this cause they are biased over there. Just know RIM has grown and haters will hate.
    LOL...the media doesnt hate BB. They realize they have become irrelevant and a failing company. Most of the public sees this as well. The days are numbered for BB, companies are dumping their BBs for iOS everyday. In several years BB will be a fascinating case study in how a company totally misread their industry and got steamrolled by their competition.
    09-25-12 03:03 PM
    Isn't that the Facebook interface that Zuckerberg was giving his team new phones to use because of how "well" it worked? Just saying...
    I was wondering the same thing - it looks identical to the facebook app on android that sucks so much that facebook is forcing its engineers to use android phones until they come up with something better...
    09-25-12 03:05 PM
    I was wondering the same thing - it looks identical to the facebook app on android that sucks so much that facebook is forcing its engineers to use android phones until they come up with something better...
    I don't know about that but it was pointed out that Facebook provided the app for BB10.
    09-25-12 03:10 PM
    Now that's just ignorant.

BBOS is flawed in several ways. Many users & corporations are sick of its issues.
    But terms like "many" or "most" or "more and more" are being used to sweep away attention from actual information.

They are not almost a sunk ship. They have a huge cash reserve. Their business is down, way down, but where they are isn't unrecoverable.
    Some analysts have changed RIM from a Sell to a Buy.

If BB10 doesn't rock with both its hardware and its firmware, I'll probably jump ship myself.

The thing that annoys so many of us isn't that people don't like the same phone we do. It's the blatantly ignorant comments like yours which making sweeping, unfounded generalizations.

But you keep believing everything you read. And don't forget your friend in Nigeria that needs your help at the bank.
    It is pretty cool though that Bigfoot is using his new white iPhone 5 to call Elvis' ghost on Mars.
    Look, your a BB fan, thats fine, but the truth is that BB is sinking. They are sinking fast and there are companies switching off the BB platform to iOS. They had the smartphone market to themselves and failed to utilize their massive advantage and head start they had. They got passed by in less than a decade and now are looking up in a massive hole.

I can care less what phone you or anyone else uses, it doesnt change the FACT that BB is a doomed company.
    wow u are like the first windows 7 phone user i have ever seen in public.... jk..

the lumia 920 looks good too..

i think having 4 choices is GREAT for people.. i just wish we could all just get along and share technology and benefit from the greatness that would come out of it..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-25-12 at 03:15 PM.
    By any chance, can you provide the lottery numbers for next week's jackpot? Clearly, your clairvoyance and analytical ability are approaching "God-Like" status.
    No clairvoyance needed. Just look at the facts. I know its hard for some of who who seem to get all offended because someone might say a negative word about the phone you use, but its true.
    09-25-12 03:18 PM
    Can see how the BB10 borrows heavily from what I see on my Playbook.
    09-25-12 03:21 PM
    wow u are like the first windows 7 phone user i have ever seen in public.... jk..

i think having 4 choices is GREAT for people.. i just wish we could all just get along and share technology and benefit from the greatness that would come out of it..
    Thats because it costs money and time to develop that technology, so why would companies just give it away so that you could have what you would think is the perfect phone?
    09-25-12 03:22 PM

The WP was a freebie from Nokia, I'd be happy to swap to a BB10 device if RIM want to give me one.

Having said that, I'm a bit torn - I find android a mess and don't want an iphone, so at the moment it will either be a WP8 (whatever the next model is from the 8X or 920) or if the bB10 devices have something special that hasn't been demoed yet, I'll get one of them - wasn't convinced by today so far - so WP is winning out for the moment.
    09-25-12 03:24 PM
    Wrong. There are lots of apps that support multitasking on iOS6 with my iphone 4. Not limited to native.
    Actually, iOS multitasking is not really multitasking in the traditional sense. My understanding (someone can correct me) is that the multitasking bar when the home button is pressed is simply a list of most recent apps used. When you navigate out of an app, it is placed in suspension, allowing some critical processes to complete, before being put in a sleep mode. When you return, the app restarts or resumes from sleep. There are varying degrees of this, e.g. music steaming apps can continue to stream, but generally the full blown version of the app is not running like on the PB or a PC.

Further proof of this is that Apple itself does not encourage people to close apps from the multitasking bar as they said it will not improve performance. Furthermore, it is impossible to keep running all the apps that show up on the bar anyway with only 512MB of RAM up till iPhone 4S, and 1GB with 5.

From the end user perspective, Apple users seem to be fine using it, and the device is usually responsive and fluid enough that people are not waiting.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Elwe Feanorfin; 09-26-12 at 05:23 AM.
    09-25-12 03:24 PM
    I think what the article meant to say was that "BB10 Adds so many new features that Apple and Android don't, so we must not need them right"! RIM designed this phone for Blackberry people, they have stated that.
    09-25-12 03:26 PM
    LOL...the media doesnt hate BB. They realize they have become irrelevant and a failing company. Most of the public sees this as well. The days are numbered for BB, companies are dumping their BBs for iOS everyday. In several years BB will be a fascinating case study in how a company totally misread their industry and got steamrolled by their competition.
    2 million users that just added to there 80 million user base are people who DID NOT choose iOS.

Companies fail when no one is buying there products. There are still people buying and others who are actually looking forward to BlackBerry 10.

I can't decide if your just trying to start an argument are you really believe BlackBerry is irrelevant.
    09-25-12 03:26 PM
    The WP was a freebie from Nokia, I'd be happy to swap to a BB10 device if RIM want to give me one.

Having said that, I'm a bit torn - I find android a mess and don't want an iphone, so at the moment it will either be a WP8 (whatever the next model is from the 8X or 920) or if the bB10 devices have something special that hasn't been demoed yet, I'll get one of them - wasn't convinced by today so far - so WP is winning out for the moment.
    what about windows 8 is winning? cause i know nothing about WPs

just want to hear some valuable input from people that just don't hate..
    09-25-12 03:27 PM
    2 million users that just added to there 80 million user base are people who DID NOT choose iOS.

Companies fail when no one is buying there products. There are still people buying and others who are actually looking forward to BlackBerry 10.

I can't decide if your just trying to start an argument are you really believe BlackBerry is irrelevant.
    My point is that their user base is shrinking. Their market share has eroded. The worst sign for BB is that now a lot of their business users are starting to migrating off the BB platform. They had an enormous advantage in the smartphone market and let it slip through their fingers.

And companies fail even if there are still some users, dont be naive and think that because there are a small group of users that it will keep BB afloat. Check back in one year and see what the BB user base is.
    baldanders likes this.
    09-25-12 03:34 PM
    Look, your a BB fan, thats fine, but the truth is that BB is sinking. They are sinking fast and there are companies switching off the BB platform to iOS. They had the smartphone market to themselves and failed to utilize their massive advantage and head start they had. They got passed by in less than a decade and now are looking up in a massive hole.

I can care less what phone you or anyone else uses, it doesnt change the FACT that BB is a doomed company.
    Just because you state something, DOES NOT mean it is FACT.

There not a doomed company. They will most likely be a niche player. And as long as they remain profitable as a niche player that is all that matters.

But until RIM starts LOSING money with an operating LOSS quarter over quarter, then they are doomed.

Motorola, Nokia before Google and Microsoft acquired or partnered with were what I'd say were doomed companies.

How do I get that conclusion?

Nokia posted a loss of 368 million euros for Q2 2011
    Motorola at one point lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009.

RIM's income is still on the positive side...
    09-25-12 03:35 PM

Where is your proof for the things you say. How can you be sure RIM will be out of business? Are you a time traveler, do you have a crystal ball that can see into the future. No doubt people will buy this phone, you need to stop shoving your opinions as facts.
    meganVee likes this.
    09-25-12 03:36 PM
    Where is your proof for the things you say. How can you be sure RIM will be out of business? Are you a time traveler, do you have a crystal ball that can see into the future. No doubt people will buy this phone, you need to stop shoving your opinions as facts.
    Because the National Enquirer, TMZ, and BGR all so say so! Like, duh!
    bigbmc26 and VanTryumf like this.
    09-25-12 03:48 PM
    The worst sign for BB is that now a lot of their business users are starting to migrating off the BB platform. They had an enormous advantage in the smartphone market and let it slip through their fingers.
    IMHO the worst sign for BB is arm chair refereeing and Trainspotters. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by djdragon; 09-25-12 at 03:52 PM.
    09-25-12 03:50 PM
    Proof???? How about an all time low stock price? Shedding thousands of jobs?? Shrinking profits and market share?? These are not opinions, they are FACTS. The forecast for BB is not good, you do not need a crystal ball t see the company is seriously in trouble, just common sense.

Flatlining user base spells end of RIM

RIM user growth stalls, could shrink in 2013

RIM posts dismal earnings, delays BlackBerry 10 operating system - Fortune Tech
    09-25-12 03:51 PM
    And I'm sure if those sites say Apple, and Android can wipe your bum you would come and harass us here on crackberry saying how blackberries don't have an app for that. Yet RIM is still growing 2 million more subscribers in which analyst claimed blackberry would not grow at all. Seems like your sources only like to talk crap in order to get bandwagon cheap shots of Android and Apple fans.
    Knightcrawler and meganVee like this.
    09-25-12 03:53 PM
    Firstly, let me say that Gizmodo is the worst. I stopped visiting that site a while ago because I found it to be incredibly dumb and weirdly mean about stuff. Now that we have The Verge, I can't imagine any possible reason to visit Giz unless they steal another iPhone prototype someday.

That said, the post isn't totally devoid of valid points. The BB10 user interface looks neat, but it isn't really clear to me that it solves any kind of problem people have with their iPhones and Androids. It's all perfectly nice, but it's just that.

And I do wonder what the battery life is going to be like on these things with the way RIM is approaching multitasking.

I do like the focus on one-handed use; only Apple seems to care about that anymore. Nokia used to shout that kind of thing from the rooftops, but now they make enormous phones, too.
    09-25-12 03:53 PM
    Proof???? How about an all time low stock price? Shedding thousands of jobs?? Shrinking profits and market share?? These are not opinions, they are FACTS. The forecast for BB is not good, you do not need a crystal ball t see the company is seriously in trouble, just common sense.
    I think you tend to forget that much of that was also said about Apple and that Google was mad in the head for tackling an OS and Android would never take off.
    Elite1 and meganVee like this.
    09-25-12 03:57 PM
    No, its their shrinking profits and market share. As well as their $6 per share price. But please tell me from your parents basement how that is wrong.
    I'm watching STNG and eating a twinkie in your mom's basement.
    09-25-12 03:59 PM

Flatlining user base spells end of RIM

RIM user growth stalls, could shrink in 2013

RIM posts dismal earnings, delays BlackBerry 10 operating system - Fortune Tech
    u know that the shredding of jobs not only saved them money but aligned their company .. there were too many fragments and too many people reporting to managers that didn't report to the same manager as another person and therefore caused chaos..

now there is a direct line to thorsten.. before there wasn't

and u do know that the market changes up and down right? not just down..

tell me how much Apple was worth in the early 2000's? before iphone came out?? and how Sh!tty the imac was back then? please tell me u didn't like imacs back then... if not then ur whole argument is invalid!

and how about posting something NOT from the United States!? i know they have a strong market.. but it's not the be all and end all..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-25-12 at 04:02 PM.
    kozmo68, menaknow and meganVee like this.
    I think you tend to forget that much of that was also said about Apple and that Google was mad in the head for tackling an OS and Android would never take off.
    Except that BB is not new to the market, they WERE the market for a while and blew it. Totally different scenarios.
141 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD