Any harm in doing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 08:35 AM
    I'd have to say it's up to you. I have quite a few great friends that I've met from publishing my PIN. Unfortunately I have met an equal amount of weirdos and jerks the same way. A few weeks ago I had to take it down because men were contacting me and wanting to either talk dirty or get nasty pictures.

If anyone wants my PIN now, they have to PM me and then I can decide if I'm going to give it out. Good luck.
    03-07-09 08:40 AM
    ... But u should be able to block or remove them right? I'm guessing it like a Yahoo-IM.

The other thing I was thinking is there a security issue by giving this out?

Right now I only have two people from work on my bbm. I thin I invited them via their email addess.

03-07-09 08:44 AM
    All someone else can do with a PIN really is message you. By no harm if you mean gain access to your phone, no the PIN doesnt do that. If you mean give people the chance to message your phone then yes.
    03-07-09 08:44 AM
    just dont give out your IMEI
    03-07-09 08:45 AM
    U can also give your pin by texting that person. By typing my pin with no space and it will auto generate
    03-07-09 09:14 AM
    Yeah, there isn't any real problem doing a pin exchange. I would say to just use discretion.

03-07-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD