Why? If you can spend just 1-1/2 minutes and be up and running, what spend days learning how to install, configure, & maintain additional software on my server?
    Sure, why not? If you're really a tech and do this stuff all the time, why not? It adds a skill to your knowledge.
    05-18-09 03:20 AM
    I'm sure david has more important things to do like enterprise class CEOing, blogging and complaining that everything doesn't work the way he thinks it should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:31 AM
    a computer guru with exchange at home doesnt think to research the requirements for BES vs BIS before purchasing?
    I was told that BB could talk directly to ActiveSync (like all other hand-helds) so I was not aware that BES or BIS was even needed. Keep in mind I knew nothing about a BB before this and had never used one.

Sure, why not? If you're really a tech and do this stuff all the time, why not? It adds a skill to your knowledge.
    I'm all for learning new things that will be useful in the future. But having to invest the time to learn something I will never use again - no thanks. Same reason I never installed or used Windows Vista.

...random ad-homium attack...
    no comment
    05-18-09 08:47 AM
    Ok, so my wife had a BB Storm for 3 weeks and liked it a lot. We returned it und she got an iPhone and was not happy about the switch.

A half hour after trying out the iPhone she turned to me and told me that it was so much better than the BB. Much happier with it.

It's a single data point but this is someone pre-disposed to the BB, used both, and her evaluation is the iPhone is superior - by far. I think that speaks well of the iPhone.

Oh, and I was wrong on setup time, it was not 1-1/2 minutes with the iPhone. It was 2-1/2 minutes.
    05-18-09 08:50 AM
    And now folks, this completes the Exchange ActiveSync saga. OP's wife got an iPhone; end of discussion.

Anything after this would be moot.
    05-18-09 08:54 AM
    Ok, so my wife had a BB Storm for 3 weeks and liked it a lot. We returned it und she got an iPhone and was not happy about the switch.

A half hour after trying out the iPhone she turned to me and told me that it was so much better than the BB. Much happier with it.

It's a single data point but this is someone pre-disposed to the BB, used both, and her evaluation is the iPhone is superior - by far. I think that speaks well of the iPhone.

Oh, and I was wrong on setup time, it was not 1-1/2 minutes with the iPhone. It was 2-1/2 minutes.
    Okay...well enjoy your iPhones and best wishes to you both!
    05-18-09 09:12 AM
    I'm all for learning new things that will be useful in the future. But having to invest the time to learn something I will never use again - no thanks. Same reason I never installed or used Windows Vista.
    That's not the same imo.

But anyhow, she got a iphone. Have fun with them. I know I enjoyed mine for almost 1 year before it bored me.
    05-18-09 09:37 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD