I always go back and forth and have owned a million devices it seems.
    The main thing holding me back from the 9930 is the gps. From what I remember maps isn't as good as it is on the iPhone and I live in NYC. So maps is very useful.
    Also is there a NYC subway app that's free for bb?

Someone please just talk me into it so I can stop this battle. Lol.
    08-27-12 06:12 PM
    Maps works great fo. Me in CT the touch is a major plus! Make the change you won't be disappointed.
    08-27-12 06:21 PM
    You would have a much more secure and sturdy device and the maps and gps works great on my curve so I would imagine it would be better on the bold. Also I used to have android and apple and since I switched to BlackBerry I would never go back.
    08-27-12 08:37 PM
    I would just stick with the iPhone for now. Its a great phone and BB10 is now five months away(hopefully!)
    08-27-12 09:49 PM
    I don't know how the iPhone maps application works, but I simply can't agree to those positive BB Maps voices. I've been using Nokia Maps before I switched to Blackberry and it puts my Bolds mapping application to shame - in every single aspect. It starts with the fact there are no offline maps available, you'll need to stream them OTA, always. It continues with the detail level of the maps themselves. Public transport is the best example: On Nokia Maps I can see stations for mainland rail, subways, tramways and even some bus stations. BB Maps shows, if I'm lucky, only some major stations.
    Navigating within the UI as well as the maps themselves was also more easier with features which actually made quite some sense. While BB Maps more or less just offers very basic features.

Don't get me wrong, BB Maps actually gets the job done, but I am really disappointed with it. There are a bunc of alternatives though, most of them cost a few bugs but the added features make it worth it.
    08-28-12 12:46 AM
    The blackberry maps app is functional. Not all that pretty.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-28-12 12:52 AM
    I use the app Telenav, and its awesome! I think its comparable to Google Maps.

Personally, I think BB Maps sucks. I've deleted it from my phone since installing Telenav.
    08-28-12 11:16 AM
    Don't upgrade now, upgrade in jan. Your phone is modern enough and will be enough for you. Bb10 will be the upgrade if you want to get rid of your 4

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.569 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    08-28-12 12:23 PM
    I'm not familiar with iPhone maps app. BB Maps works fine for me. BB Traffic is a great turn by turn nav app.
    08-28-12 01:16 PM
    I just wanted to clarify, I have BOTH an iPhone 4 and Bold 9930 that I recently purchased.
    Holding on to both isn't really an option for me because I have to sell one because of financial reasons.

I am also due for an upgrade in March.

So which do I keep?
    08-28-12 11:44 PM
    I just wanted to clarify, I have BOTH an iPhone 4 and Bold 9930 that I recently purchased.
    Holding on to both isn't really an option for me because I have to sell one because of financial reasons.

I am also due for an upgrade in March.

So which do I keep?

Whichever one worked the best for you while you owned them.
    08-28-12 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD