would you give up your blackberry with bbm for the htc evo?

why or why not?
    08-02-10 05:28 PM
    if I will be staying in UAE. i would.
    08-02-10 05:29 PM
    Nope, I wouldn't

The Evo is a touch screen phone, and the amount of txt input I do, I need to keep my keyboard
    08-02-10 05:38 PM
    Yea same here...coz when October comes, ill be left with one expensive paper weight...
    LOL.
    I hope you know they only block BBM and peer to peer(pin to pin)which is kinda a big deal but yeah..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 05:42 PM
    I would give up my Moto Droid to go back to BB.
    08-02-10 05:45 PM
    LOL.
    I hope you know they only block BBM and peer to peer(pin to pin)which is kinda a big deal but yeah..

Not according to my provider DU
    08-02-10 05:51 PM
    LOL.

"With no solution available and in the public interest ... Blackberry Messenger, Blackberry E-mail and Blackberry Web-browsing services will be suspended until an acceptable solution can be developed and applied,"
    More than just BBM and pin to pin.

As for the EVO, no I wouldn't trade my berry for one or I would already have one. A close friend of mine has an evo and it is pretty cool, but doesn't fit my needs. And his battery dies pretty fast.
    08-02-10 05:57 PM
    would you give up your blackberry with bbm for the htc evo?

why or why not?
    Only if they tell me I only have 1 day to live!
    08-02-10 06:45 PM
    "With no solution available and in the public interest ... Blackberry Messenger, Blackberry E-mail and Blackberry Web-browsing services will be suspended until an acceptable solution can be developed and applied,"
    More than just BBM and pin to pin.

As for the EVO, no I wouldn't trade my berry for one or I would already have one. A close friend of mine has an evo and it is pretty cool, but doesn't fit my needs. And his battery dies pretty fast.
    +1 so unless you plan on using the BB for calls and text ONLY.
    i don't see the practicality of owning one..
    and we know the competition has a better browsing experience.
    08-03-10 09:15 AM
    +1 so unless you plan on using the BB for calls and text ONLY.
    i don't see the practicality of owning one..
    and we know the competition has a better browsing experience.

You can use a 3rd party browser can't you? that doesn't go through the NOC, as well as 3rd party chat clients, JUST like the other platforms?

they basically are shutting out anything they couldn't read, just use the tools other platforms have and keep the nice keyboard.
    08-03-10 09:34 AM
    Not a chance the evo is a good phone but just not my cup of tea

08-03-10 09:43 AM
    I looked at one, and it's just too big and clunky feeling! Does it play video tapes or something?
    08-03-10 09:54 AM
    if I will be staying in UAE. i would.
    and India too. LOL

08-03-10 09:58 AM
    Not for the EVO, but for the Nokia N900. Apparently Maemo will use garnet to run old Palm Apps. BB has nothing like planetarium or astromist. Both are self contained on Palm and don't need air time. And I don't want an IPhone. You would think that BB being a business phone would also manage some better scientific apps for students and hobbyists and have some way to work your old apps. I can sync them, but that's all.
    Zuben
    08-03-10 12:12 PM
    I am always going to stay with a BB ~ Bought it in Feb, and been hooked ever since lol
    08-04-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD