My vote goes to Jarvis or Hal....
    04-15-14 05:31 PM
    I'm old fashioned, and practical. Call it Voice Assistant. It sounds more professional than all those other names. And Siri? What a crappy name.
    vanrickman likes this.
    04-15-14 05:56 PM
    I'd call it Computer.

And give it Majel Barrett-Roddenberry voice.....I'm sure they have enough voice sample to use.
    YES!...
    04-15-14 07:15 PM
    What if BlackBerry decided to give the user the ability to name the Voice Assistant. How cool would that be?

I mean there billions of people with different languages and different tastes. Just look at this thread and the number of different response we have.

So imagine you run your BlackBerry 10 for the first time and the voice assistant starts and says "hey I am your BlackBerry Assistant do you have a preferred name for me? You just call it whatever you want.

Imagine: You are at a fancy restaurant and you take out your BB 10 and start voice assistant and say "hey Obama can you google when the next BB 10 device is coming to the market?"

Just an idea. Something I would make if I was a mobile OS developer.

I just hope another company (Apple,Google, Sammy) doesn't steal my idea and I hope BB does.
    04-15-14 07:38 PM
    I was going to say Iris as well (Siri backwards)
    04-15-14 07:39 PM
    I'd call it Computer.

And give it Majel Barrett-Roddenberry voice.....I'm sure they have enough voice sample to use.
    Considering we now know there are quite a few Trek fans at BB (thanks to MockIt Beta) this would probably be their dream come true too.
    04-15-14 07:47 PM
    Why to kopina
    04-15-14 08:12 PM
    HAL, if it's female, HALEY.
    04-15-14 08:28 PM
    Just my opinion, of course, but I think Intelligent is pushing it in this thread!

TRON ??
    MATRIX ??
    Sometimes it's all about marketing. In this case, Siri intially wasn't as smart as it is now, so people fell for it.
    04-15-14 08:30 PM
    I don't care how is she/he called, I just want to understand my native language.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-15-14 08:41 PM
    Mr. Belvedere
    04-15-14 08:55 PM
    Hey F*@k face

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 08:56 PM
    Ping.....(classic feature from BBM)
    04-15-14 09:07 PM
    Call it Zordon Like from Power Rangers.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:09 PM
    Not sure how SIRI works, but Google Now is like this: "Ok Google Now" + "command".

It makes sure that the device can be always listening and still not activate as you go about your day as in "Hey, did you *call Daniel* about the project?" and then your phone goes and calls Daniel...

So, let's say it's called Berry. "Ok Berry" (device beeps or even better, says "Yes?") + "command" would be ideal.

They could easily have options for male and female voices and a custom starter command (so those that said "hey f*ck face" can scream it in public to activate their phones).
    mphillips828 and keypad like this.
    04-15-14 09:24 PM
    So many have said "it must be Jarvis". What is with the Jarvis thing?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:29 PM
    It's name should be, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

So naturally it should be "42"

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:31 PM
    Just call it 'BlackBerry'. Really though, why would you call it anything else?
    04-15-14 10:36 PM
    UVA is a good name. Stands for useless voice assistance cause it kinda sucks to be honest

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 10:38 PM
    If they name it and don't name it Spark, they are blowing it on their branding and marketing on so many levels.
    04-15-14 10:56 PM
    Layla!

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    04-15-14 10:59 PM
    Not sure how SIRI works, but Google Now is like this: "Ok Google Now" + "command".

It makes sure that the device can be always listening and still not activate as you go about your day as in "Hey, did you *call Daniel* about the project?" and then your phone goes and calls Daniel...

So, let's say it's called Berry. "Ok Berry" (device beeps or even better, says "Yes?") + "command" would be ideal.

They could easily have options for male and female voices and a custom starter command (so those that said "hey f*ck face" can scream it in public to activate their phones).
    THIS!! Absolutely is the best name as I said earlier in the thread...IF they are so determined to name this thing, then just call it "Berry" It's not a human name, its a way to interact with your phone...The way I see it is this...

I own a BlackBerry...when I want my phone (my BlackBerry) to do something...why would I say, "hey Billy Bob...text joe" thats dumb... (funny tho)...but it would make sense to call it Berry, because I am asking my BlackBERRY to do something for me...So its just literally telling your phone to do something for you...if "berry" can be the trigger word for an always on feature it would be great...

But yes, if they are so determined to follow all other companies and create an "identity" for this voice assistant to assist with marketing (something BlackBerry doesn't do - so wouldn't make sense to waste time thinking of a name, and potentially coming up with a terrible name and having reviewers rip into it) then the only viable solution is "Berry" its gender neutral exactly what a computer should be as its has no gender...
    04-15-14 11:04 PM
    BuryLancs likes this.
    04-15-14 11:55 PM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-16-14 12:11 AM
    Call her Berina

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 12:32 AM
372 ... 56789 ...