I am in the same situation. I have 15 wives, 12 girlfriends and 5 mistresses. BBM just can't handle all of them. Not only I got 32 women nagging me all day, I gotta put up with all these BBM issues. I am going back to using carrier pigeons.
    paramitsha likes this.
    12-12-13 03:26 PM
    While I can sympathize with your inability to send high quality **** pic's as being the reason for you wanting to ditch BBM...

But really? Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 03:40 PM
    I have my wife using BBM on her iPhone. It wasn't easy though. But we set up a group and sharing Christmas and Grocery lists and Calendar entries helped. Now she un-checks grocery items she wants me to pick up on my way home...lol

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    12-12-13 04:33 PM
    Lol. You know how I feel then! It's hard enough as it is, and then bbm has to add another layer to go through!

I hope we'll be back to bbm. I still use the **** out of it don't get me wrong, I just wish it had more functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, there are some limits to BlackBerry's infrastructure on this early roll out for sure -- on the cross platform BBM stuff. Compare that with Google's seemingly endless capacity. Hopefully this changes.
    12-12-13 04:57 PM
    Yes you can. I've sent to 4s, 5 and 5s with no problems

Posted via CB10
    Key word is you have sent it to them. Do you have an IOS device? Prob not. I have one and there is no option anywhere to send video period.
    12-12-13 05:17 PM
    Lol. You know how I feel then! It's hard enough as it is, and then bbm has to add another layer to go through!

I hope we'll be back to bbm. I still use the **** out of it don't get me wrong, I just wish it had more functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Lol well I prefer email for some of those type of things lol
    12-12-13 05:32 PM
    I was in the same situation as OP. Made her buy a z30 than have me switch to WhatsApp.

She had to ditch her iPhone for a BlackBerry. That's how it's supposed to be done.
    g33kphr33k and Mdogz like this.
    12-12-13 06:01 PM
    I was in the same situation as OP. Made her buy a z30 than have me switch to WhatsApp.

She had to ditch her iPhone for a BlackBerry. That's how it's supposed to be done.
    Boss.

Posted via CB10
    g33kphr33k likes this.
    12-12-13 07:30 PM
    My friend has the iPhone 4 and could not use WhatsApp cause she said it drained her battery badly? I use WhatsApp too. It just seems smoother and I like how easy it is to upload numerous photos.

8320, 9780, 9900, PB 64gb, Z10, Q10
    12-12-13 08:46 PM
    Whenever I request a high res picture I get an error on my end and the senders end too. BlackBerry need to take off the photo compression it's ruining the BBM experience seriously!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:57 PM
    Maybe because he owns a bb and would prefer to use bbm IF. Seems IF is taking a long time to come just like everything else that is from them.
    Great, op will get a better response by going to contact us at www.blackberry.com and telling them there.

Next thread please, someone else whining and going back elsewhere is overdone.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-12-13 09:21 PM

This sounds like a real BlackBerry man!

People really think WhatsApp is better after using both? I cannot imagine that. BBM was one of the reasons I decided to ditch my 'droid. It's a very nice way to communicate.
    12-12-13 09:36 PM
    Boss.

Posted via CB10
    I let her call me that sometimes. Not often cause it gets to my head

But some nights we reverse roles, if you know what I mean.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-12-13 10:50 PM
    This sounds like a real BlackBerry man!

People really think WhatsApp is better after using both? I cannot imagine that. BBM was one of the reasons I decided to ditch my 'droid. It's a very nice way to communicate.
    To each their own. I refuse to use it and refuse to converse with anyone through it.

Installed it once and deleted it same day.

To each their own. Bbm and WhatsApp both have their advantages and disadvantages
    12-12-13 11:00 PM
    My girlfriend and I are on Android (we're likely moving to blackberry) and we've froze our BBM app as it just takes so much battery. I don't remember the performance being an issue, but then again the iPhone 5s hardware is about the same as the Samsung Galaxy S2, I wouldn't expect much from a 4s. I would say give blackberry a while to tweak the xBBM app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-12-13 11:04 PM
    Headline news! Man and his girlfriend are returning to whatsapp due to having an extra step in sending high quality nude photos to each other.

Sent from my Z30
    12-12-13 11:04 PM
    To each their own. I refuse to use it and refuse to converse with anyone through it.

Installed it once and deleted it same day.

To each their own. Bbm and WhatsApp both have their advantages and disadvantages
    You "made" your girlfriend; she "had to" ditch her iphone; you "refuse" to converse with anyone through Whatsapp- glad to see phones are more important to you than people...poor girlfriend...give me her contact info and I'll hook her up to the local domestic violence shelter in her area-she can probably get info about them over BBM.

Posted via CB10
    g33kphr33k likes this.
    12-12-13 11:09 PM
    You "made" your girlfriend; she "had to" ditch her iphone; you "refuse" to converse with anyone through Whatsapp- glad to see phones are more important to you than people...poor girlfriend...give me her contact info and I'll hook her up to the local domestic violence shelter in her area-she can probably get info about them over BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry she's not allowed to speak to strangers.
    g33kphr33k and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-13-13 01:20 AM
    Cross platform usability, functionality and consistency goes to WhatsApp easily.

BlackBerry to BlackBerry, BBM wins hands down.

BlackBerry to other phones, WhatsApp is the one you wanna go for.

I might explain later if someone actually replies to this :P

Posted via CB10
    Kobe Barksdale likes this.
    12-13-13 01:31 AM
    WhatsApp is wank

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:20 AM
    I can't believe how many people fuss over the fact that they need to press that extra button to get a high quality pic. Not everyone wants to accept a large image all the time due to data constraints.

Moving to whatsapp shouldn't stop u from BBM.

Maybe until an update happens for other features. You can try again.
    12-13-13 04:34 AM
    I can't believe how many people fuss over the fact that they need to press that extra button to get a high quality pic. Not everyone wants to accept a large image all the time due to data constraints.

Moving to whatsapp shouldn't stop u from BBM.

Maybe until an update happens for other features. You can try again.
    HQ images do matter especially when you want to show off something (not referring to their nudes)

Why can't BBM send multiple images? Honestly, this is a feature they should have implemented years ago. (WhatsApp has it)

Just imagine how annoying it would be to request HQ images for each image if you want to send someone some nice pictures and not the massively compressed pictures. Oh and just imagine how annoying it would be to send each image individually. :/

WhatsApp does have an edge on BBM in certain ways, and BBM does on WhatsApp in certain ways. If everyone had the same user experience as BBM on BlackBerry 10, BBM easily beats WhatsApp, although multiple images with the option of HQ images automatically sending and receiving is a must.

Posted via CB10
    sickyute likes this.
    12-13-13 04:46 AM
    There has been consistent security issues with Whatsapp. BlackBerry does not seem to have this issue. So if you are sending racy images you might want to make sure they are BBM secure and not subject to being Whatsapp exposed. I think LINE is better than Whatsapp. You also get to video and voice chat.
    12-13-13 06:25 AM
    Congratulations on being picky about the fact BBM is smart in the way it sends pictures.
    Additionally, I'm not sure why there are people here complaining about BBM for iOS being slow and ****ty. Most of my current contacts are iPhone owners and I can't tell the difference between sending a message to iOS and sending one to a BB or Android. Tough luck, but maybe try Skype, an actual video chat, to do your dirty business.
    Additionally, try sending an MMS instead of using IM. Just as fast and send original quality every time.
    zensen likes this.
    12-13-13 06:39 AM
    I can understand completely why BBM sends compressed images. It saves a bucket load of data!

Those images are usually somewhere between 7k-30k in size. They fly through with instant delivery. This works fairly quick on anything from GPRS up. Try sending your full resolution 6MB image to your partner from your hotel room in Zanzibar where you just about have signal but you want a good night virtual hook-up. It ain't gonna happen.

Maybe it could be useful if it auto-downloaded the high-res if it detected that BOTH devices were on wifi or 4G, maybe this should be a feature request to BBM (actually, it will be in a moment when I suggest it!). This would then give you the best of both worlds.
    12-13-13 07:17 AM
141 1234 ...