To me, what IS wrong is parents who let their kids play video games on either their phones or xbox, etc....and they grow up to have no social skills whatsoever. No interaction with the real world ( although sometimes I wonder if that too is a good thing,lol). And those are the same kids that go on shooting sprees, and other violent actions. Of course then the parents go and once again blame the video companies for making the violent games!!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for saying this. It's becoming too common to use electronic devices as pacifiers for children. People aren't really connecting to each other and discovering the true value of the human spirit. Parents are being selfish and not really raising their children properly and engaging them, lest so engaging between parents themselves. I've seen so many to the point of cringing and will try always to put away my phone whenever necessary. Try to appreciate life better.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    07-30-14 01:15 PM
    Thank you for saying this. It's becoming too common to use electronic devices as pacifiers for children. People aren't really connecting to each other and discovering the true value of the human spirit. Parents are being selfish and not really raising their children properly and engaging them, lest so engaging between parents themselves. I've seen so many to the point of cringing and will try always to put away my phone whenever necessary. Try to appreciate life better.

Posted via CB10
    Every generation of adults thinks the generation below them is being screwed up by some new factor - rock and roll, video games, electronic devices... One way or another each generation turns out ok and they grow up into responsible adults despite the dire predictions. I predict this next generation will be fine, just like my generation grew up fine despite all the Nintendo (NES) games we played.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    NYTOC83 and Berry_Pink like this.
    07-30-14 01:35 PM
    Samsung sucks

ZeE 10 STL100-1
    07-30-14 01:39 PM
    Every generation of adults thinks the generation below them is being screwed up by some new factor - rock and roll, video games, electronic devices... One way or another each generation turns out ok and they grow up into responsible adults despite the dire predictions. I predict this next generation will be fine, just like my generation grew up fine despite all the Nintendo (NES) games we played.

However one decides to raise their kids is their business. There is no right or wrong unless there is of course abuse. But what I hate is when their kids do something wrong and they want to sue the world because they didn't raise their kids properly. Again, take accountability and responsibility for the way you raise your kids. There is no right or wrong until something happens, a massacre at a movie theatre or a high school and then everyone wants to point fingers. ....it all starts in the house.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and spikesolie like this.
    07-30-14 01:48 PM
    Kids need guidance, they need to LEARN right from wrong, thats where the parents come in to play, we are not just there to feed them and clean there dirty diapers. We are there to guide them and teach them some kind of sense ( unless of course the parent is lacking thereof, then we got problems). They need boundaries and restrictions. Again, if you think ur kids ate old enough to do things on there own, or have the mentality that " they'll learn the hard way"then don't go to the media and complain about how the politicians didn't do this or that to prevent a tragedy. Look at urself, look into the mirror. I feel sorry for kids that I see out here with sagging pants and being ignorant, but then I look at their parents and see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 01:54 PM
    Nothing new:

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers."

Socrates, attributed by Plato
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    07-30-14 02:10 PM
    Maybe it happens to samsung more often because of their gigantic size..

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:12 PM
    The bigger question is why she A LITTLE GIRL had a phone in bed at all while sleeping. "Parents"

Posted via CB10
    That is a question - perhaps. But certainly not now the bigger question.
    07-30-14 02:26 PM
    That is a question - perhaps. But certainly not now the bigger question.
    2 posible answers to "the bigger question" as I stated earlier:
    1. After market battery
    2. Put any electronics device under your pillow with no ventilation and I'm sure you will have some issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:28 PM
    What worries me is that these parents will probably look for some sort or monetary settlement, not enough that they will supposedly get a new phone. Never mind the fact that they were using an aftermarket battery and doing something with the phone that's not advisable. Along the same lines as the lady that sued McDonald's when she got burnt with the hot coffee or the teenage girl that fell in to a manhole in NY while texting and walking (thank god she wasn't driving, hopefully she'll learn her lesson before she's old enough to drive), and I believe she sued as well, although the workers were putting up barriers. I guess the bottom line here is to take responsibilities for your own actions, and when you screw up don't go blaming the world!!

Posted via CB10
    You don't know half of what you are talking about. Seriously. I only have time to address one of the insanely uneducated things you spoke about in some detail so let's understand at least one thing.

The McDonald's case.

Unlike the common household coffee maker which are set by the manufacturer to a maximum temp that would not cause second or third degree burns (try it - by the way), commercial coffee makers can be set extremely high. When McDonald's won several contracts to provide services on interstate highways, travelers informed them their coffee often became cold well before the next rest area. So McDonalds requested their supplier override the safety to allow the cofee to bre and remain at extremely high temperatures. I'm sure this is not news to any coffee drinker today. What was the problem? Cup got too hot. Solution - insulated cup.

So when an elderly woman drove through the rest stop, and the cover on her coffee was not secured properly, and she went to peel back the opening - what happened? Well she was burned.

Burned like you dipping your hand in some coffee just brewed from your home machine? Nope. She suffered second degree burns over her abdomen and legs. She needed skin grafts. She was hospitalized with numerous infections. And then she became the poster child for a frivolous law suit.

Why? Because ignorant, gullible, feeble minded folks never realize that a law suit must first be initiated by an attorney who must swear under oath and risk their ability to forever practice law, that the case has a legal basis and a chance to succeed. It must pass preliminary scrutiny from a judge. And then a defense attorney has an opportunity to pick a jury of 7-12 individuals who must hear the law and the facts of the case and agree it not only has merit, but that the one party is 'more' responsible for the damages than the other and then grant an award of damages based on what they've heard. Law suits don't form from magic, and jury awards and settlements don't come falling down like rain in spring. If you have no faith in the civil legal system, it is because you have been sold a ridiculous bill of goods from media, tv and movies.

I will love to school you on the responsibility of companies to not manufacture defective products that hurt people, but I wonder how much is penetrating your loathsome attitude towards your fellow humans.
    07-30-14 02:50 PM
    Love it when someone comes here and thinks they know it all, lol.. so many frivolous lawsuits that are out there. What about the guy that pulled a person out of a burning car only to be sued by the victim because now he's paralyzed? So now the hell with it. If I see someone in need of IMMEDIATE help, guess what.....im walking away!!!..

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:56 PM
    But I see you didn't have an answer to the girl that fell in the manhole do you? So because you got the facts on one of my examples you feel that u need to teach me a thing or two....how funny and ignorant YOU are indeed.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 03:02 PM
    I'm afraid of radiation anyways. I keep them in the living room.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    07-30-14 03:05 PM
    ......Ooooh, and swearing under oath, yeah sure. Everyone speaks the truth when they are under oath.....lol....hey, wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge? dirt cheap, just for you!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 03:07 PM
    Pretty sure it's been mentioned but it was the aftermarket battery that overheated.
    07-30-14 03:14 PM
    Pretty sure it's been mentioned but it was the aftermarket battery that overheated.
    It was mentioned. But no one seems to care and read about the facts. They just wanna find someone to lash out on.

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    07-30-14 03:22 PM
    07-30-14 04:14 PM

http://recombu.com/mobile/news/samsu...re_M20568.html
    It's an isolated case Samsung on the other hand has bigger problems, fanatics only goes so far, this is a Serious matter.

http://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-t...t-go-over-well

Posted via CB10.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hone-sofa.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...night_while_i/

https://m.facebook.com/cnn/posts/10201275605477527

http://www.amongtech.com/more-people...-catching-fire

And the list goes on.
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-30-14 at 05:14 PM.
    07-30-14 04:39 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 phones catching fire - Recombu
    It's an isolated case Samsung on the other hand has bigger problems, fanatics only goes so far, this is a Serious matter.

Samsung tries to silence user whose S4 caught fire, it doesn't go over well - Neowin

Posted via CB10http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381285/Did-Galaxy-S4-start-devastated-Hong-Kong-flat-Owner-says-battery-burst-flames-throw-phone-sofa.html

My Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded last night while I was sleeping. : Android

https://m.facebook.com/cnn/posts/10201275605477527

More people report their Samsung Galaxy S4 catching fire

And the list goes on.
    I never said it wasn't a problem, I said this happens across the board. Meaning it has happened to many of the top smartphone manufacturers. Samsung sells tens of millions of more devices than BB so it is bound to happen more often. It is a problem and should be fixed.

Who is being a fanatic?
    mikeo007 and Berry_Pink like this.
    07-30-14 04:50 PM
    I never said it wasn't a problem, I said this happens across the board. Meaning it has happened to many of the top smartphone manufacturers. Samsung sells tens of millions of more devices than BB so it is bound to happen more often. It is a problem and should be fixed.

Who is being a fanatic?
    Not to the level as Samsung. Regardless of the millions of devices they sell.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:02 PM
    Not to the level as Samsung. Regardless of the millions of devices they sell.

Posted via CB10
    Again, you are reading too much into what I said. I never said this happened to the same extent. For the third time, I said it has happened to other top smartphone manufacturers as well. Samsung seems to be leading the pack in this category.

You never answered my question, who is being a fanatic?
    07-30-14 05:06 PM
    Is the battery the problem or the device? Was it an original OEM battery?

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    07-30-14 05:10 PM
    I use my phone and tablet in bed too. Frequently just drop them and fall asleep. I believe it's pretty common thing to do regardless of age.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:27 PM
    I use my phone and tablet in bed too. Frequently just drop them and fall asleep. I believe it's pretty common thing to do regardless of age.

Posted via CB10
    Dat feels when you drop it on your face.

-tumblr_m2cbvhs3ur1r9yu9b.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:51 PM
    Not Samsung's fault and it happens to all electronics. Actually I'm surprised this stuff doesn't happen more often with the sheer volume of smartphones out there!
    07-30-14 06:21 PM
60 123