My gf has a 13 year old brother who has a 5s. His friend had a jail broken iPhone5 and they were all trying to show me what's cool on their iphones. Paranorma camera, the guy with jail broken phone showed me his lock screen of pacman.

I whipped out my z10 and well was about to brag on my keyboard and swiping abilities when I realized my phone was locked. Swipe to unlock, I got to picture password and in 2 seconds I unlocked it.

These 2 kids begged me to trade them phones only after seeing that. Like that's all they saw. I love PP, but that isn't even something I'd brag about as a phone's strength

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-10-14 10:01 AM
    I get the same reaction from people who see it all the time, "wow so cool." Recently some family came over, my 11 year old cousin was sold on PP, and time shift lol.

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-10-14 10:05 AM
    Sadly working in IT after showing people stuff they are all meh about it. One feature that did impress which was one of my bragging points before is the camera and time warp mode. Had a few people that wanted it for that one only feature but gimmicks always sell iphone is the standing representation of it.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-10-14 03:07 PM
    Sadly working in IT after showing people stuff they are all meh about it. One feature that did impress which was one of my bragging points before is the camera and time warp mode. Had a few people that wanted it for that one only feature but gimmicks always sell iphone is the standing representation of it.

Iphones don't really have any gimmicks though. They only sell because of social circle and awesome customer satisfaction

04-10-14 03:52 PM
    Lol gimmick for them is hardware we used the same camera same everything but we have a tiny smaller but better battery finger print scanner and 64 bit processor. People rush out like they reinvented the wheel, they can probably come out with the iPhonep for poo on a stick and it would sell for being new and innovative.

stlabrat likes this.
    04-10-14 04:25 PM
    People looveee picture password lol
    Always got people asking me what app that is so they can get it too. Then I'll be like "Yeah, BlackBerry 10 biatches!"

Posted via CB10
    ziquewahid and Allwyn John like this.
    04-10-14 04:58 PM
    They only sell because of social circle and awesome customer satisfaction
    Gotta love those type of nonsense posts. Have you ever own an iphone? It has great app ecosystem, better battery life (when we compare per mah capacity) and in general the OS is snappier. I pick an iphone for that.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    04-10-14 05:08 PM
    Gotta love those type of nonsense posts. Have you ever own an iphone? It has great app ecosystem, better battery life (when we compare per mah capacity) and in general the OS is snappier. I pick an iphone for that.

Posted via CB10
    I moved on from ios so firstly your post is nonsense the DROID store rivals apple. Secondly the battery life is ****. Per mah is redundant excuse for saying the battery is small. Thirdly the os is dumb-down. Ever tried attaching a document while writing an email? Multiple docs? That's just a tip of it. You aren't even allowed to properly manage your music unless you plug it into a pc. Os wise, iphones are kinda on the back foot

acovey, Jbernardoo and togarika like this.
    04-10-14 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've never bought an iPhone. I was given a 3G when I first arrived in the US from Europe and I just did not like it. I ended up giving it back and bought a Bold 9970 instead. I never owned an iPhone after that - maybe I'm still resentful of the experience first time around. This is probably similar to how people view Blackberry now - doesn't matter how good the current OS is, all they remember is the battery pulls and crappy browsers.
    Jiggy1971 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    04-10-14 05:20 PM
    @spikesolie, with the z10 (1800mah) I get less battery life than with the iphone 5(1440mah). Also, if you look on gsmarena battery tests, you will see that even blackberry z30 (2880mah) has pathetic battery life when browsing. This aspect is important for me, and so far I haven't got a better web browsing experience on any other platform (android 2, 4, 4.3, etc, bb10).

Regarding e-mail attachments, yes it is akward. You have to copy paste the text, go to the app and send the file.. I had the phone jailbroken and installed a tweak that allowed me to attach any files in the email client. But, yeah, stock it's no near BlackBerry Hub.

In-app performance is generally better on ios than on android, heck even on Google's Youtube app. It doesn't matter 100000000000 no of apps.. it matters the quality of the few important apps. There are a lot of junk in ALL stores, including BBW.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:30 PM
    Just want to chip in with a few comments as I find the "hardware wars" interesting.

@spikesolie, with the z10 (1800mah) I get less battery life than with the iphone 5(1440mah). Also, if you look on gsmarena battery tests, you will see that even blackberry z30 (2880mah) has pathetic battery life when browsing. This aspect is important for me, and so far I haven't got a better web browsing experience on any other platform (android 2, 4, 4.3, etc, bb10).
    I'm not going to argue that the z10 battery life was average (I used to get about 15 hours). But the z30 I got about 30+ hours typically. On my Note 3 I get about the same. The last thing I'd knock the z30 for is battery life. Maybe it depends on the OS version or certainly how you use the phone.

And I don't know how many hours the iPhone 5 gets. Perhaps it's 16, 20, I don't know. Maybe it's better.

In-app performance is generally better on ios than on android, heck even on Google's Youtube app. It doesn't matter 100000000000 no of apps.. it matters the quality of the few important apps. There are a lot of junk in ALL stores, including BBW.
    I think I'm going to have to try iPhone the next time around. When they release one big enough, anyway.

Cheers
    04-10-14 05:38 PM

Regarding e-mail attachments, yes it is akward. You have to copy paste the text, go to the app and send the file.. I had the phone jailbroken and installed a tweak that allowed me to attach any files in the email client. But, yeah, stock it's no near BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    I don't take gsmarena seriously with their tests... you actually believe them 100% ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 05:38 PM
    I'm not going to argue that the z10 battery life was average (I used to get about 15 hours). But the z30 I got about 30+ hours typically. On my Note 3 I get about the same. The last thing I'd knock the z30 for is battery life. Maybe it depends on the OS version or certainly how you use the phone.
    I prefer smaller phones because many times i'm using one hand only..

Regarding battery life, i've pointed the battery life when using the web browser.

Look at the attachment (web browser times)

How's yours when browsing?

Dave, no, you always get less battery because the pages you're visiting are more complex.. but you get an idea how it compares with other phones. All phones are tested the same.

Gimmicks sell-img_20140411_013859.png

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:45 PM
    I prefer smaller phones because many times i'm using one hand only..

Regarding battery life, i've pointed the battery life when using the web browser.

Look at the attachment (web browser times)

How's yours when browsing?

Dave, no, you always get less battery because the pages you're visiting are more complex.. but you get an idea how it compares with other phones. All phones are tested the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140411_013859.png 
Views:	1684 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	262145

Posted via CB10
    That's just ridiculous...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 05:47 PM
    There is not a ******* chance that the iPhone 5s lasts longer than the Z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 05:47 PM
    Dave,

Then... I challenge someone with z30 to make some tests

.. don't forget that z30 also has an amoled display. Most of the web pages are on white background = consumes more battery.

But I mainly blame OS10, is not that optimized. When browsing, it definitely runs warner than iphone 5 which runs cooler.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Might wanna factor in the fact that when you are browsing through on bb10, all the pages are multitasking compared to ios.. what I mean is that I could open 7 different pages of YouTube on my bb10 browser and they'd all be playing at once. Also ios doesn't engage in full 100% multitasking it simply freezes each Window.

My z10 battery life does extremely well barring the cell services. That's where most of my battery goes that and display. IPhone could probably last longer than the z10 but in terms of utility it doesn't come anywhere close. Multitasking kinda makes it understandable. The hub is always running as well.

But when we move to the z30... the debate is over buddy! also 1440 mah is a small size imo! Just too small

04-10-14 06:01 PM
    Also don't you find it weird how the Q5 is almost at the top of the list yet z30 is at the bottom? What gives?

04-10-14 06:04 PM
    Also don't you find it weird how the Q5 is almost at the top of the list yet z30 is at the bottom? What gives?

It's called. They didn't test it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 06:06 PM
    The system closes the browser inactive tabs quite often. Anyway, at memory management ios is again better, it "conserves" the loaded data better.
    And who the heck wants other background tabs to execute javascript or css loop animations? It's waste of resources.. yes, it is useful when you want to listen to an audio stream whilst reading something on another web page. That's a plus. But I was talking about battery life and smoothness. 1 page opened on both.. anyway..

Smaller screen, lcd.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:13 PM
    It's called. They didn't test it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Well.. smaller LCD display doesn't count?

A few posts ago i've said that amoled is not battery efficient when dealing with white background.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:15 PM
    Well.. smaller LCD display doesn't count?

A few posts ago i've said that amoled is not battery efficient when dealing with white background.

Posted via CB10
    Amoled doesn't draw any more power on white vs a LCD... it just saves more power on black.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-10-14 06:20 PM
    Amoled doesn't draw any more power on white vs a LCD... it just saves more power on black.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    "As an example, one commercial QVGA OLED display consumes 0.3 watts while showing white text on a black background, but more than 0.7 watts showing black text on a white background, while an LCD may consume only a constant 0.35 watts regardless of what is being shown on screen."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 06:27 PM
    I don't take gsmarena seriously with their tests... you actually believe them 100% ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    No he only believes them 10%. That's why he posted the chart. /s

What kind of question is that?

You don't seem to believe anything that doesn't support your bias.

Yet you never offer any proof of your point of view with your counter claims.
    Sergiu1337, 3Dee, bekkay and 1 others like this.
    04-10-14 06:28 PM

I love these battery comparisons at gsmarena, but you do have a point there.

I can see a iphone lasting longer in a browser test though. Anyone who uses the BB10 browser knows it absolutely eats battery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner lol. Its powerful, no doubt...but I have to avoid it sometimes for this very reason. I still do find it impressive that the Z30 still manages to keep up with devices that have more mAh's in their batteries. With more optimizations to the OS and a new more efficient processor like these newer phones have, im sure BB could get back to being known for great battery life
    04-10-14 06:33 PM
195 123 ...