When I bought my first BlackBerry Curve in January of 09, it took me 3 days! Never having any experience in smart phones, I was able to quickly pick up the usability, applications, functionality of the BlackBerry Curve. I'm a "tech-head" I pick up on electronic devices quickly.

Then, I just got sick and tired of the Curve, and jumped on the Bold. It felt the same, but better! Took me about 2 hours to get used to it, fix up my folders, etc. Got the Wi-Fi running in about 20 minutes after setting it up at home...blah blah blah.

I am just curious to know, how long did it take you to get used to the BlackBerry functions.
    05-17-09 12:55 PM
    Not very long at all. Couple hours.
    05-17-09 01:02 PM
    A few hours, and I was switching from non-BB flip phones that didn't have very many functions. Then again, I'm also relatively young, and my generation has grown up in the midst of the tech boom, so I think it's just something that comes naturally to most of us. We don't remember it being any other way.

My mother, on the other hand, can't figure out her RazR (I'm talking, can't check her voicemail if the initial new voicemail pop-up goes away), and she's had it for two years. My Curve blows her mind.
    05-17-09 01:18 PM
    It only took me a couple hours to get use to my storm. I think the reason why I picked it up so quickly is because I was reading the device manual while waiting in line on launch day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 01:26 PM
    My first BB ever was the 8700. It took me only a few hours to get used to it... and at that point, I didn't even buy one yet! It was my friend's. So as soon as I got my own, I was a pro already (well kind of).
    05-17-09 01:28 PM
    It took me less than a half hour to figure it out. The first BB I ever used was a 8700 and it was my aunts. Then when my dad got the pearl when it came out, it took me about an hour to get used to suretype. When I got my own pearl last year, there was no learning curve at all. Since then I have upgraded to the 8900 (best BB ever).

05-17-09 01:32 PM
    It took me less than a half hour to figure it out. The first BB I ever used was a 8700 and it was my aunts. Then when my dad got the pearl when it came out, it took me about an hour to get used to suretype. When I got my own pearl last year, there was no learning curve at all. Since then I have upgraded to the 8900 (best BB ever).

That suretype was made to put me in a crazy house. I tried, but I just hate it.
    05-17-09 01:37 PM
    I got mine in Sept 08 and I'm still learning and getting use to it.
    05-17-09 01:43 PM
    I got my Curve on Wednesday and even though I have the gist of it, I'm still learning.
    05-17-09 02:35 PM
    That suretype was made to put me in a crazy house. I tried, but I just hate it.
    Your profile says you still have an 8130. If you hate suretype that much why haven't you gotten a full qwerty BB?
    05-17-09 02:38 PM
    Your profile says you still have an 8130. If you hate suretype that much why haven't you gotten a full qwerty BB?
    It's my first BB, and it was a (generous) gift.
    05-17-09 03:04 PM
    My first phone was a 8300....took me about 15 mins to figure it out...every other blackberry I've owned since then has pretty much been a piece of cake!
    Blackberries are more or less like any other phone - it just has more buttons!

05-17-09 03:11 PM
    It took me like a week to get used to it because of texting (I have a Storm)
    05-17-09 05:08 PM
    My first curve was the 8320, and it took me a few hours to get use to it. I had it mastered for the most part in a week. Now I have the 8900, and there was no learning curve at all.
    05-17-09 06:13 PM
    58 seconds

05-17-09 06:16 PM
    I've had my pearl since dec 08. I have most of it figured out but then bergerking comes home or he txt me with something new. Just like life, you never stop learning. If you have learned everything on your bb, its time to upgrade.

05-17-09 07:29 PM
    I got used to mine pretty quick. My brother had one a little while before me and gave me the inside scoop.

05-17-09 09:17 PM
    Took me a little while but before I knew it I had a good handle on it. Thanks to CB I still learn something new everyday!

05-17-09 09:20 PM
    I looked on here years ago before getting one, I was an expert once it was in my hands, too modest.
    05-17-09 09:24 PM
    After about 3 days I had a solid grasp; I keep learning something knew all the time thanks to the CB geniuses here.

05-17-09 09:26 PM
    Only took me a matter of minutes to figure out my first BB, a 7250. Of course, my switch to the 8703e was painless too.
    05-17-09 09:35 PM
    About half a day on my storm especially to get around the sub menus and setting it up the way I like it.
    05-17-09 09:45 PM
    About 2 weeks ... Coming from a dumb phone used only for calls and texting, the 2 weeks includes getting a solid grasp on SureType. I waffled back and forth between SureType and multi-tap before forcing myself to learn it!

05-17-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD