So i have been getting upside down question marks at the end of text messages from a couple people in my contact list. It appears to only do it to the contacts i text the most with. I have the 9800 now and had the 9700 previously. It did it on my bold and i couldnt find a solution, when i moved to the torch i hoped it would stop but its still happening. I did a device switch in BB desktop manager when i switched devices so it must be something in my settings?

Ive tried deleting the contacts it does it with and re-adding them. Ive deleted the entire thread of the sms. Ive deleted all previous messages right off my phone completely. It is not in spanish mode. The upside down question mark will be immediately at the end of the last word in the sms with no spaces in between. Any thoughts? Its so annoying!
    12-27-10 11:43 PM
    They probably have that set as their signature for some reason or use it. I mean it is the only thing that makes sense. Try this: ask them if they are doing it on purpose. If it is only 2 of your contacts it makes sense that they're doing something different than everybody else vs assuming the problem is your device.

Hold the button the ? is on and scroll up, you also can have your own � mark...

O. O
    . �
    \-----/
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-28-10 at 12:17 AM.
    12-28-10 12:15 AM
    Update: I totally wiped my device from everything including my apps. Re added the two contacts it does it with and it doesn't do it anymore.
    Then I did a restore of all my data and it was back to doing it again.... Has got to be something with my restore data that is causing it to happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 03:38 AM
    Update: I totally wiped my device from everything including my apps. Re added the two contacts it does it with and it doesn't do it anymore.
    Then I did a restore of all my data and it was back to doing it again.... Has got to be something with my restore data that is causing it to happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's the strangest thing I've ever heard. I guess I figured if it happened to a couple contacts it would happen to all.

Are you sure the contacts couldn't have been just messing with you?
    12-28-10 03:47 AM
    and this just started happening on my Window 8.1 phone, but only on certain contacts. A Bing search brought me here. Really weird.
    02-03-16 06:53 PM
    Lol nothing weird, in a few months of time many BlackBerry 10 users will be buying windows mobile phones. Ironically I just commented aboot BlackBerrians heading over tow windows.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD